Hacking modding ultimate loader - returning directly to systemmenu

dicky1982

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi there,
since yesterday i'm using preloader. my intention to use it was to be a little more bricksave.
But hey, i like the idea of autostarting a dol, is tried a forwader to usbloader, it is nice, is start my wii in i'am almoust instantly in the usbloader-gamelist!
BUT, sometimey i want to start the systemmenu or the HBC, the homebutton in my loader (Ultimate loader) returns me to preloader, rederecting me to the usbloader
frown.gif

Now to my question.
is there a way to jump from the loader to the systemmenu?

'ive not coded wii related stuff until now, and im not that good in C but is someone say is shold give it a try is might run, or even givse me a hint, i'll try.
its not that i'm a totaly noob in coding, i earn my money with it, but its in pearl, bash and php
smile.gif

so if somebody can give me a hint like 'hey look in this file over there, there are the buttonmappings, and look, in this peace of code in that project is the jump to the systemmenu' i'll would be very happy
smile.gif

and of course i'll share it...

Zendeavor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so you want someone to supply you with the location of the files necessary to edit, and provide the code from another source, for you to put 2 and 2 together to make 6, redistribute the glorious new fix, and revel in the wonderful glow of a job well done?

Sure...

DKAngel

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
all he was doing was asking for help, you didnt need to be a prick about it all

youve got preloader inthe place of where the system menu is supposed to be so u wouldnt be able to jump to it as preloader is there

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can modify the config.txt for the Ultimate Loader so that pressing Home sends you to the HBC instead of the System Menu, just so you know.

brownmurder

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have it so the loader loads auto through preloader and when i press the home button(i think thats what the one with the house is called) it goes to system menu

its just a bit that goes in the config like exit = reboot or something like that

dicky1982

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zendeavor said:
so you want someone to supply you with the location of the files necessary to edit, and provide the code from another source, for you to put 2 and 2 together to make 6, redistribute the glorious new fix, and revel in the wonderful glow of a job well done?

Sure...
oh yes for sure...
i'm the great who patch'd the ulitmateloader with 3 lines of code, letz make a releaseparty
frown.gif

I've looked a bit around the source, and i'am able to add configuration options.
for testing i've added an option to reload the loader is i press home, thats not the real problem.
the only problem around is now to find out what preloader does to start the systemmenu, since there MUST be a way to start systemmenu in its new place, preloader does it, so the it must be a way
smile.gif

QUOTE(FenrirWolf @ Apr 23 2009, 01:12 AM) You can modify the config.txt for the Ultimate Loader so that pressing Home sends you to the HBC instead of the System Menu, just so you know.

yes i'll know it, i can go tu hbc, but i can not go to systemmenu from there if i set preloader to autoboot a dolfile....

hey, just in this moment i thing about this 'plugin' for preloader wiihome, it can load the systemmenu too, i'll have a look...

thanks to all answers solong

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

so i'am accidently figured out how to do it with preloader...

i've set preloader to autoboot a installed file, the forwader dol.
and set preloader to return tuosystem menu.

so i'll power on the wii an it's loading my usbloader, i'll press home and its load the system menu, very nice
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.