modding ultimate loader - returning directly to systemmenu

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by dicky1982, Apr 22, 2009.

1. dicky1982
    OP

Newcomer dicky1982 Newbie

Germany
    Hi there,
    since yesterday i'm using preloader. my intention to use it was to be a little more bricksave.
    But hey, i like the idea of autostarting a dol, is tried a forwader to usbloader, it is nice, is start my wii in i'am almoust instantly in the usbloader-gamelist!
    BUT, sometimey i want to start the systemmenu or the HBC, the homebutton in my loader (Ultimate loader) returns me to preloader, rederecting me to the usbloader [​IMG]

Now to my question.
    is there a way to jump from the loader to the systemmenu?

'ive not coded wii related stuff until now, and im not that good in C but is someone say is shold give it a try is might run, or even givse me a hint, i'll try.
    its not that i'm a totaly noob in coding, i earn my money with it, but its in pearl, bash and php [​IMG]

so if somebody can give me a hint like 'hey look in this file over there, there are the buttonmappings, and look, in this peace of code in that project is the jump to the systemmenu' i'll would be very happy [​IMG]

and of course i'll share it...

2. Zendeavor

Newcomer Zendeavor Member

United States
    so you want someone to supply you with the location of the files necessary to edit, and provide the code from another source, for you to put 2 and 2 together to make 6, redistribute the glorious new fix, and revel in the wonderful glow of a job well done?

Sure...

3. DKAngel

Member DKAngel GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Australia
    all he was doing was asking for help, you didnt need to be a prick about it all

youve got preloader inthe place of where the system menu is supposed to be so u wouldnt be able to jump to it as preloader is there

4. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    You can modify the config.txt for the Ultimate Loader so that pressing Home sends you to the HBC instead of the System Menu, just so you know.

5. brownmurder

Member brownmurder GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i have it so the loader loads auto through preloader and when i press the home button(i think thats what the one with the house is called) it goes to system menu

its just a bit that goes in the config like exit = reboot or something like that

6. dicky1982
    OP

Newcomer dicky1982 Newbie

Germany
    yes i'll know it, i can go tu hbc, but i can not go to systemmenu from there if i set preloader to autoboot a dolfile....

hey, just in this moment i thing about this 'plugin' for preloader wiihome, it can load the systemmenu too, i'll have a look...

thanks to all answers solong

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

so i'am accidently figured out how to do it with preloader...

i've set preloader to autoboot a installed file, the forwader dol.
    and set preloader to return tuosystem menu.

so i'll power on the wii an it's loading my usbloader, i'll press home and its load the system menu, very nice [​IMG]