Hacking Modding 3.0J Wii Help

flar3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I got a wii with system menu 3.0J here. Installed bannerbomb, bootmii. But got stucked when updating system menu. The error it gave me was Failed to IOS36, with current IOS as 35(bottom of screen). I did a Scan on my Wii internals and there wasnt any IOS36. Help Please? If possible, i would want to update the wii offline

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I assume that you are using this guide, correct?

If so, download Yet Another Wii WAD Manager MOD, and it should allow you to select IOS35 as the IOS to use. You could also try the Multi Mod Manager (MMM). Before doing anything, make sure that you first use BootMii to make a NAND backup, and make sure that you installed BootMii as boot2. After you have done this, make sure that you follow the instructions correctly in that guide.

I have used that guide on a 3.0U SNEEK NAND, with no IOS36, and was able to update it to 4.2U without any problems, and I never had to connect the Wii to the internet.

flar3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The YAWMM keep prompting me what IOS to use, according to the update guide in the wiki; it says to use IOS36. My wii doesnt contain IOS36(scrolled through, no IOS36), this means i cant continue the guide. Any Suggestions please?

flar3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
"If so, download Yet Another Wii WAD Manager MOD, and it should allow you to select IOS35 as the IOS to use" i dont understand this portion.... u mean i can install IOS36 using this method, or installing all the necessary IOS for the update?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You could try downloading IOS36 through NUS Downloader, and installing it onto your Wii console. Games like Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Mario Kart Wii will also have an IOS36 that does not require any patching to it in its current state. When I did it, I just used IOS35, though.

Again, make sure that you installed BootMii as boot2, and that you have a NAND backup before doing any of this.

flar3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Umm i installed Bootmii as IOS and i have already done a backup NAND. How do u install Bootmii as Boot2 instead of IOS now that i installed as IOS? Can i install both? Or have to uninstall IOS first?

flar3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Ok.....I done installing Bootmii on Boot2. Regarding the YAWMM step, i should only use IOS35 to install only IOS36?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flar3 said:
Umm i installed Bootmii as IOS and i have already done a backup NAND. How do u install Bootmii as Boot2 instead of IOS now that i installed as IOS? Can i install both? Or have to uninstall IOS first?
Just run the Hackmii installer again.

QUOTE(flar3 @ May 21 2010, 08:37 PM) Ok.....I done installing Bootmii on Boot2. Regarding the YAWMM step, i should only use IOS35 to install only IOS36?
Do that.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
flar3 said:
"If so, download Yet Another Wii WAD Manager MOD, and it should allow you to select IOS35 as the IOS to use" i dont understand this portion.... u mean i can install IOS36 using this method, or installing all the necessary IOS for the update?

I think the reason it uses IOS36 is because the signing and ES_Identify bugs will be patched into that IOS version. On 3.0U, IOS35, and every other IOS for that matter, should already have those present, as they would not have been fixed by Nintendo yet.

flar3 said:

When using the HackMii Installer, it should give you the option of either installing BootMii to boot2 or IOS. Just to make sure, post the "installer.log" that it generates on your SD card, and post it here. I would think that 3.0J would be old enough for a boot2 install, but just to make sure.

EDIT: Apparently, you managed to install it as boot2, so you don't need to do this if you don't want.

QUOTE(flar3 @ May 21 2010, 01:32 PM)

If you want, you can try to install IOS36 using NUS Downloader, if you want to use that version, since that's what that guide says. However, I have personally used IOS35 to update a 3.0U SNEEK NAND to 4.2U without any problems. 3.0 uses IOS30, and 4.2 uses IOS70, so there shouldn't be any problem with using IOS35 to update the files.

Again, however, if you feel safer, you can use NUS Downloader/Super Smash Brothers Brawl/Mario Kart Wii to install IOS36. Assuming the directions are followed correctly, there shouldn't be any problems with that either.

flar3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Thanks for the great help
smile.gif
I'll try and make it work

flar3

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Erm Sorry but i cant seem to run boot.dol/elf at the first step of modify 4.2. The system crashes whenever i press on the SD card tab from the channels page. What is wrong?

Oh nvm i got it running ~_~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-