Modder Gets SimCity To Run Offline After All

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I've never got into the Sim games before. And I'm actually kinda wanting to. I don't want to start with Sim City as I don't exactly have the strongest computer (dual core 3.0 ghZ nvidia GTS 450 card, 4GB ram). What's a good sim game to try and see if it will get my interest? I was thinking Sim City 4. Good choice?

loco365

Trophies
XP
I think this game will be pirated to kingdom come until they lighten up or remove the DRM on the game.

Anyways, hackers: 1, EA: 0.

narutofan777

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
ok...but this really does nothing. I doubt ea suddenly drops online 24/7 connection.

if ea does it they make themselves look like dumbaaaaa'aa
if ea doesn't do it they make themselves look like dumbaaaa'aa

if I was EA I'd stick with 24/7 online connection req, that's my @#@$ you to ya'll. ;)

finkmac

Trophies
Website
www.epicwinrar.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I've never got into the Sim games before. And I'm actually kinda wanting to. I don't want to start with Sim City as I don't exactly have the strongest computer (dual core 3.0 ghZ nvidia GTS 450 card, 4GB ram). What's a good sim game to try and see if it will get my interest? I was thinking Sim City 4. Good choice?

SimCity 4 by itself is okay, but the mods make it MUCH better...

Improved traffic system? Mod.
More Vehicles? Mod, etc...

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I love the irony of this, EA enforces a system that makes you stay online to stop people pirating the game -> Releases game ment to be played offline single player with online servers -> Online servers are always busy causing huge backlash of people advising nonsale of the game (including amazon) -> Modders find a way to play the game offline -> People want to actually play the game offline so pirate the game -> EA cries.

I'm looking forward to seeing how EA respond to the modded video.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok...but this really does nothing. I doubt ea suddenly drops online 24/7 connection.

if I was EA I'd stick with 24/7 online connection req, that's my @#@$ you to ya'll. ;)
Are you incapable of speaking an ounce of english?

Reactions: Sicklyboy

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country

Are you actually a sheep?

Reactions: Bladexdsl

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia

Sim city 4 is great and all but its kind of dated these days. If you want to try a nice modern city building game with huge maps and no retarded DRM try Cities XL platinum.

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EA should freakin thank this guy, if this didn't happen I wouldn't even consider buying it
No they shouldn't, they could have easily done offline play (a person did it with mods, it's a fucking piece of cake when you the actual source code) but they'd rather use draconian DRM than give out a quality product.

So let me see if I've got this straight. People were complaining that the servers were busted and they couldn't play, EA were being dicks about it, now hackers have fixed everything and EA have been revealed as bullshitters? Sounds good to me.

Offline play is functional but it isn't complete and perfect yet (and we don't know it it'll ever be), even if it was people have every right to be angry. EA tried to shove this ridiculous feature down the neck of an otherwise perfectly good game, BS'ed and said that it was unnecessary, and got caught with pants down. Shitty business practice is infuriating, flat out lying is even more infuriating, and flat out lying to enforce shitty business practices is unacceptable. EA deserves all the shit it gets and more, I really hope someone else can buy the rights to Sim City for the next game, but it's probably not happening.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Offline play is functional but it isn't complete and perfect yet (and we don't know it it'll ever be), even if it was people have every right to be angry. EA tried to shove this ridiculous feature down the neck of an otherwise perfectly good game, BS'ed and said that it was unnecessary, and got caught with pants down. Shitty business practice is infuriating, flat out lying is even more infuriating, and flat out lying to enforce shitty business practices is unacceptable.
I'm just curious...do you have any superlatives left for the fact that they implied that asking your money back could result in getting kicked off origin?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: