Hacking Modchip installer in New Zealand?

devastar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi Im wanting to get my Wii modded, I think its the latest D2C2 version as I have just got it.

Im a bit worried about getting it done as its alot of money for me.

I found a place thats near me in Auckland tronix They can install a d2pro9 d2e version for $125NZD

Is there such a version? can anyone recommend a modder in NZ or does this seem legit?

Cheers

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
i havent really heard of a wii modding service in NZ yet...i HAVE heard of tronix though which is probably your safest bet if you live in the auckland region

when i modded my wii i got a relative i knew who who has had 10+ years of soldering experience to do it for me..

i cant recommend another modder but i would suggest getting them to mod it for you. when the open up your wii they should be able to tell what chipset you have and if its not compatible with the d2pro then they will suggest another one (should)

nehe32

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
fischju said:
You could always buy a wiiclip with pre-soldered chip and install it yourself, it is very simple.

yeah..but you know, the total inability to buy it in NZ probably doesnt help. :S yeah in NZ you can get pretty much anything nintendo without having to buy it online with a credit card
(Which this guy probably doesnt have *Refers to $125NZD = quite a bit of money*)

if you could, you probably could do it yourself, of course you would need to get all the right equipment too

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
D2E version of d2pro9 does exist yeah - it has been around for a week or two.

Tronix isn't an official reseller - http://www.d2pro.com/distributors.html - but that doesn't mean they're not any good. I don't have any experience with them to say either way.

One option, may be to post it over to OzModchips (in Melbourne). Another may be to buy a d2pro9 and wii clip from them and do it yourself.

OzModChips

Trophies
XP
Country
Nah, no need to post it to us

there are these guys - http://www.modz.co.nz/
and these guys - - http://www.x-mods.co.nz/

I talk to them sometimes, they don't seem to give a shit about the Wii compared to 360 - my understanding as the wii isn't doing to well over there?

But if you want something from us, like solderless clip shipping is free, and it takes like 3 or 4 days only as DHL registered post system has a plane that flies directly to NZ

devastar

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Thanks for all your advice, I havent dealt with modz before but they are about 500km from me, x-mods are even further and I have brought a 360 controller off them before that took 3 weeks to arrive when I paid for overnight courier and was faulty when It arrived, I thought about a wiiclip but Ive never pulled anything like a wii apart in my life and theres a 99% chance id stuff it up lol Ive ended up purchasing the install through tronix im dropping it off tonight, , Ill post how I get on once its done. cheers

blaXoid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm in Christchurch, got my chips (d2Pro) from OzModChips and found an installer off TradeMe as there are hardly any here at all. Install was only $35 per chip as I had 2 of my friend's wii's modded at the same time.

There's quite a few in Auckland that you can find on Trademe, just look thru their feedback. I prefer to deal with people in person instead of shipping it, feels more secure knowing I can harass them if they screw me over
wink.gif
Good luck mate

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag