Hacking Mod Chip Questions

jus199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a D2C wii that I just bought. I want to mod it but the legs are cut.

Can I buy a wii clip and just stick it in? or will I also have to solder the 3 legs?

SenorClean

Trophies
XP
Country
Agreed - If you cut the legs on a d2c wii, the drive would stop working!
Are you super-sure you have a D2C and not a D2B with cut legs? Only D2B drives were ever cut.

To answer your question -

*D2Ckey + Clip is cheap and requires no soldering to your wii - but won't work if you have a D2C2 - if your wii is more than a few months old, it won't be a D2C2.

*Wasabi + Clip requires one point to be soldered to the wii.

*D2Pro + Clip works with some wiis without any points soldered to the wii - but sometimes needs one wire to be manually soldered (the same one wasabi needs).

Current versions of both D2Pro and Wasabi work with D2C2.

Personally, I don't like clips much. If you don't trust your soldering skills, get a professional to do a wired install for you.

Zantetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SenorClean said:
*D2Ckey + Clip is cheap and requires no soldering to your wii - but won't work if you have a D2C2 - if your wii is more than a few months old, it won't be a D2C2.

*Wasabi + Clip requires one point to be soldered to the wii.

*D2Pro + Clip works with some wiis without any points soldered to the wii - but sometimes needs one wire to be manually soldered (the same one wasabi needs

Would any of those work if i already have a wiikey soldered into my wii?

Around a few months back I got my wiikey soldered by a guy up town and it turns out it didn't work but it's still in there. I don't really want to bother taking it out so do these "clips" connect in other areas that are not where the wiikey is currently soldered?

Sorry for asking a question in this thread, op. I just didn't think it was appropriate to make a new thread on a little question like this.

Xeronage

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you want another modchip if you already HAVE one in your Wii! Ofcourse you can't put two in! It'll conflict!
Just solder the wiikey out and stick a D2pro9 in

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Xeronage said:
Why would you want another modchip if you already HAVE one in your Wii! Ofcourse you can't put two in! It'll conflict!

Or he should get a REAL pro to get his Wiikey working.

Zantetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xeronage said:

Maybe you should have read my question a lot clearer. I already said that my wiikey didn't work...

QUOTE(linuxares @ Jul 5 2008, 11:59 AM) Or he should get a REAL pro to get his Wiikey working.

My wii is soldered almost perfectly and was the best job I've ever seen. I'm extremely sure that my wiikey was a clone.

jus199

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i was mistaken, my 3 legs are not cut

I have a GC2-D1A and GC2-D2C chip inside mine.
Will the argon 100% and a wii clip work with mine?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: Welp, already have 40h in Stellar Blade and dying to home and put some more.