Hacking Mocha CFW won't boot anymore.

D

Deleted User

What would you recommend then? Like I said I am new to this and have only gone off what I have seen so far.
Haxchi if you can afford DS VC game.
Plain Mocha CFW with just sigpatches [redNAND option OFF] if you can't afford DS VC game.
CBHC after you bought Haxchi'd DS VC game and want to have permament CFW boot solution.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can still download version 1.4.1 and everything is magically working again.

Yeah, way ahead of ya, using an older version and it's working great, 1.5.0 isn't all it's cracked up to be, no sense in reopening the issue, the main developers couldn't replicate the issue and insisted I used the Haxchi + CBCH method with HBL installed as a channel. No dice, not gonna report it again as there's no point. I doubt Mocha would fare any better.

Last edited by the_randomizer,
Reactions: Deleted User

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Your first problem is using Mocha
And why is that? I still use an older Haxchi which loads Mocha, the one without USB support, and everything always works great, and I don't have to worry about MCP hooks in any homebrew I make ...

It's sad that MCP hook CFW seems to be the most preferred method by the end users though, because there is a lot of homebrew I just don't release because of it.

I'm pretty sure this is why newer libretro cores are having an issue, I haven't tested, but they probably work fine on my setup. You can't even use any homebrew with PROCUI with MCP hook, unless the homebrew is made about 30 lines more to adjust for it, if you try to mount any volumes with IOSUhax. A complete hassle for nothing.

But as far as REDNAND goes, that is completely useless to anyone that is NOT a developer, that won't be messing with system titles, and it's ridiculous that so many guides say to use it.

Last edited by brienj,
Reactions: Kafluke
D

Deleted User

And why is that? I still use an older Haxchi which loads Mocha, the one without USB support, and everything always works great, and I don't have to worry about MCP hooks in any homebrew I make ...
You have to reload Mocha every time you exit something, and it has no benefit over just having CBHC which is just so simple to install and it loads as soon as you turn the system on and is persistent. And idk what the heck you're talking about with Homebrew, everything I've used has worked.

D

Deleted User

It's sad that MCP hook CFW seems to be the most preferred method by the end users though, because there is a lot of homebrew I just don't release because of it.

I'm pretty sure this is why newer libretro cores are having an issue, I haven't tested, but they probably work fine on my setup. You can't even use any homebrew with PROCUI with MCP hook, unless the homebrew is made about 30 lines more to adjust for it, if you try to mount any volumes with IOSUhax. A complete hassle for nothing.

But as far as REDNAND goes, that is completely useless to anyone that is NOT a developer, that won't be messing with system titles, and it's ridiculous that so many guides say to use it.
Some YouTube guides/people spread lies that redNAND is needed with Haxchi/or CBHC because you're going to "brick" without them or system will become unbootable without redNAND present in SDCard. [Which is a big lie and people are foolish enough to believe that, i don't blame them]

brienj

Trying to avoid getting cancer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You have to reload Mocha every time you exit something, and it has no benefit over just having CBHC which is just so simple to install and it loads as soon as you turn the system on and is persistent. And idk what the heck you're talking about with Homebrew, everything I've used has worked.
I only have to load Mocha ONCE, after I boot up, it even reloads after going into the settings and backing out. And of course your homebrew has worked, you haven't used any of MY homebrew that it does NOT, because I haven't released it for that reason.

D

Deleted User

I only have to load Mocha ONCE, after I boot up. And of course your homebrew has worked, you haven't used any of MY homebrew that it does NOT, because I haven't released it for that reason.
Lmao alright bud

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I only have to load Mocha ONCE, after I boot up, it even reloads after going into the settings and backing out. And of course your homebrew has worked, you haven't used any of MY homebrew that it does NOT, because I haven't released it for that reason.
I understand that you guys want to defend CBHC just like I do. Different strokes for different folks. Let's be nice. For the record I campaign strongly on temp for CBHC with HaxChi. I don't think @brienj is disagreeing with you.

As far as any claims by @brienj I would believe him. There have been previous contributions and some sage wisdom by him in the past on temp. Maybe let's listen just a bit and realize that what's he's saying may have some positive effects on what we know to be true.

D

Deleted User

I understand that you guys want to defend CBHC just like I do. Different strokes for different folks. Let's be nice. For the record I campaign strongly on temp for CBHC with HaxChi. I don't think @brienj is disagreeing with you.

As far as any claims by @brienj I would believe him. There have been previous contributions and some sage wisdom by him in the past on temp. Maybe let's listen just a bit and realize that what's he's saying may have some positive effects on what we know to be true.
Some of @brienj 's homebrew don't work on Haxchi CFW, however they work with CBHC CFW so...
Still, let's leave him alone, atleast he's not using redNAND.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe cbhc boots redNAN if u select mocha. u need to have redNAND set to 0 in the configuration file on ur sd card to boot back into redNAND or else the system will get frozen on the wii u logo whenever u exit a game. the same thing happened to me. even though I don't use redNAND anymore, I wanted it to work. doing that worked, so I have no issues with it there. it's either a bug with cbhc or done deliberately so that mocha is only for redNAND I gather?

D

Deleted User

I believe cbhc boots redNAN if u select mocha. u need to have redNAND set to 0 in the configuration file on ur sd card to boot back into redNAND or else the system will get frozen on the wii u logo whenever u exit a game. the same thing happened to me. even though I don't use redNAND anymore, I wanted it to work. doing that worked, so I have no issues with it there. it's either a bug with cbhc or done deliberately so that mocha is only for redNAND I gather?
CBHC was never supposed to be used with Mocha CFW.
You can still use plain Mocha CFW, you just need to configure it to work with CBHC.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's what I did. if I kept it using sysNAND, the system would get frozen when exiting a game. well, it wouldn't be frozen, it just wouldn't exit completely. with redNAND, there r no issues for me. everyone seems to have this issue actually, and it's due to the config file.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://store.steampowered.com/bundle/34203/Tomb_Raider_Definitive_Survivor_Trilogy/ mmm