Homebrew Official Mocha CFW - The sweet chocolate to your latte!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, I didn't say it, but Dimok did in his changelog:

if you dump your USB WiiU hdd file system, and copy it to your FAT32 HDD, then it will use it as if it's an official WiiU HDD.

copy "usr" folder to your first FAT32 primary partition (I guess no GPT support?), and the wiiU will detect it as a formatted WIIU HDD.
You can add games manually to the usr folder (don't use WUP Installer!) and it will be listed and playable from USB.

see the "what works, what doesn't" in the changelog just few posts above.

Last edited by Cyan,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well i plan to keep using the safe stuff so i mean i'll wait for approval to use anything or 0.3 I got all my stuff from the app store homebrew. But i like the idea of the no Encrypted wii u format HDD thing. I was ready to play Final fantasy 4 DS on my usb mp3 player. :P

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Nothing has been changed from the code so use at your own risk and whatever problems you may run into won't be resolved anytime soon unless someone else compiles the code with only the important parts left in that simply makes the wii u read USB over SD.
So that mocha firmware you put there, is the original one, or you compiled the new version???

BIFFTAZ

Trophies
XP
Country
Its working fine here also. But like Dimok said, The same games that had trouble running on SD still have problems running off USB. Tried Super Mario 3D World on USB, Give up after 5 minutes waiting for it to load.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
is there anyway i can convert USB installable format to Loadiine format to run games on Fat32 ?
yes, you need the ticket. actually you need only the game's encrypted title key (not the full ticket).
you can use different tools to do it.

look in the sticky threads in the hacking section, there's one with ALL the wiiu format, and links to all available tools.
look for "content decrypters"

Last edited by Cyan,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, now I have tried the elf Shinigati made and I have to say that it works neautiful, yes, it is slow, but is more than nothing. At least now I can use the same hdd I use for playing gamecube and wii games for wii u games.
So i'm assuming this specific one isn't official release yet, is still testing or has issues? The current one is 0.2 and until 0.3 or whatever the next one is will have this feature?

I'm just curious, i configured my haxchi to auto load mocha on activation, at the moment i don't notice a difference between haxchi cfw and mocha cfw, but if this standard usb drive format is possible, is good i set it up that way. :)

skins20

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Currently I have only used loadiine Gx2 for the backup of wiiU, I have never installed cfw in my console .. but I am interested in using an external hard drive usb fat32 in loadiine...so

Could you tell me syntetically what I need to accomplish this?

Pepois

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
yes, I didn't say it, but Dimok did in his changelog:

if you dump your USB WiiU hdd file system, and copy it to your FAT32 HDD, then it will use it as if it's an official WiiU HDD.

copy "usr" folder to your first FAT32 primary partition (I guess no GPT support?), and the wiiU will detect it as a formatted WIIU HDD.
You can add games manually to the usr folder (don't use WUP Installer!) and it will be listed and playable from USB.

see the "what works, what doesn't" in the changelog just few posts above.
Hi Cyan, I hope you are doing great! I am so excited to get back home soon to try the new release, have you tried it already? Is it working 100%? Thank you!

Warm regards
Pepois

Reactions: skins20

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: SrTommy

Mr Objection

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Currently I have only used loadiine Gx2 for the backup of wiiU, I have never installed cfw in my console .. but I am interested in using an external hard drive usb fat32 in loadiine...so

Could you tell me syntetically what I need to accomplish this?

I am using this by the browser, I don't installed haxchi

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
need i hachi necessarily?
Is not enough with mocha install and ready?
Step 1,2,3 ready
If you already have mocha, then is fine. Just load it like you would any other homebrew. :P

Haxchi is just a more umm.... "Favorable" Solution to the web browser, since it requires access to a web page setup to use (Either hosted online like Loadiine.ovh or your own pre made one) with chance of failing to work. Haxchi requires no internet and always loads homebrew %100 of the time than web exploits %99- %1 chance. :)

Reactions: skins20

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
yes, you need the ticket. actually you need only the game's encrypted title key (not the full ticket).
you can use different tools to do it.

look in the sticky threads in the hacking section, there's one with ALL the wiiu format, and links to all available tools.
look for "content decrypters"
thanks for the reply, did you mean the title keys from this website: well known Title key website for WiiU ?

Last edited by Cyan,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Interesting. The macphone +2