Mobile Phne Recommendations

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, my Mum is looking for a new phone and she's decided she wants a nice one with a few bells and whistles.
Here are the specifications:-
1. Budget of £100-150
2. Available on Orange Pay as You Go
3. Touch Screen. One that's nice and responsive with an easy to use keyboard (or a hardware one)
4. Easy to use UI. Its gonna be used by my mum so you can imagine she'll get confused.
5. Well lasting. My mum will not be out to replace her phone in a short space of time so one that will last is a must.

So far possibles have been:-
LG Optimus - Looked at a review online that complained about the archaic version of Android and a few other niggles such as a resistive touchscreen which meant it was less responsive (My cheap LG GW520 has a resistive touchscreen but responds fine in menus, only trouble comes when web browsing)

Motorola DEXT - Phone's features seem good. Android operating system, hardware keyboard etc. But apparently build quality not so great, a review stated their sample had a loose speaker that was tinny and overall build felt flimsy.

Also saw a cheap Samsung Galaxy but that one fell on its arse as its features were rubbish compared to the similarly priced LG Optimus (Boasted "Up to 1GB expandable memory")

guinness

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamstruth said:
Also saw a cheap Samsung Galaxy but that one fell on its arse as its features were rubbish compared to the similarly priced LG Optimus (Boasted "Up to 1GB expandable memory")

Oh well, bang goes my only suggestion, sorry.
wink2.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Orange aren't often the best with their feature lists... I'll give it another check out

Edit: Orange feature lists are bull. Samsung Galaxy Apollo looks to be the best for £150, capacitive touchscreen with multi-touch and Android 2.1 and It did not have "Up to 1GB expandable memory" it includes a 1GB microSD out of the box.
My parents like the sound of the Motorola DEXT though, anybody with one that can vouch for it? Costs £130 on Orange Pay as You Go.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Other games I can have turned up to like 2X and all kinds of enhancements, Motorstorm hmmm nope...