wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
homebrew.gif
MMORPG on the NDS
Homebrew
dsmmorpg01.png

Clintorion has announced the release of what may be the first MMORPG on the NDS. The entire game runs in the Opera Web browser making use of CSS, javascript, and PHP.

QUOTE said:
The icons on the right do the following (in order from top to bottom):
(speech bubble) - opens/closes chat
(inventory) - shows items. cannot open equip yet, but there are items to equip, which open the equipment when you click them.
(fight screen) - displays battle text, shows stats of enemy.
(player info) - click this to see the stats of whoever you have selected. Used to initiate fighting and alternate way to send PMs in game.
(pvp switch) - turn pvp on/off. green=on, red=off. Some areas are no pvp, some are forced pvp.
(X) - Logout of the game. (you must log out, failing to do so causes problems when you try to log back in)
(refresh) - refreshes the game whenever you want (automatically done every couple seconds)

Thanks to Soulanger for the news
discuss.png
Discuss

SjemBo1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Waiting for a DSi.. Then I can play online finally
biggrin.gif

Looks awesome, btw ^^ Really want to play it!

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
QUOTE said:
Clintorion has announced the release of what may be the first MMORPG on the NDS.
Sounds good...
QUOTEThe entire game runs in the Opera Web browser making use of CSS, javascript, and PHP.
wtf.gif

One thing is for certain: It WILL lag with many people/enemies on the same map.

D

Deleted User

this is the worst idea ever... coding a mmorpg in php in itself is pretty bad for the pc. But now making it fit a tiny screen and claim to be an mmorpg for the ds... Whatever will happen your technology is as weak as it weakest link, and opera browser is weak.... Time would be better spent making a decent homebrew. [mode autoanswer_on] yeah I know before saying anything I should get my fingers out of my *** and do one myself, blah blah... [mode autoanswer_off]

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
deufeufeu said:
this is the worst idea ever... coding a mmorpg in php in itself is pretty bad for the pc. But now making it fit a tiny screen and claim to be an mmorpg for the ds... Whatever will happen your technology is as weak as it weakest link, and opera browser is weak.... Time would be better spent making a decent homebrew. [mode autoanswer_on] yeah I know before saying anything I should get my fingers out of my *** and do one myself, blah blah... [mode autoanswer_off]

PHP. JSP, ASP are all valid methods for sending the data to the server. They do not suffer from plugin requirements or compatibility cross-platform issues. I think it was a great idea and pretty well executed as a 'homebrew' project. I will agree that Opera on the DS is very slow, but if the elements are coded to compensate (like nothing that requires a time limit) this could still turn out to be a fun project.

QUOTE(Shichibukai @ Today, 01:17 PM)This game convinced me that i need to buy a Ez Flash 3 in 1

ez has started to ship the 3-in-1+. it contains more ram than the old 3-in-1 due to the older ram being hard to come by. the detection routines that ez supplied do not appear to allow the ram to be booted before using the opera browser. i have only really been following the akaio project, and after smiths injected the code he found that the source is at fault. just FYI incase you do go out and buy one.

-another world

Clintorion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cupajoe said:
Why can't I play this in Firefox on my computer?
Because it is designed to work on Opera 8.5. Same version as DS browser.
I did manage to fix the error that firefox encountered though. You can log in now
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @BigOnYa ??