MK8 Deluxe Time Trials Extremely Frustrated!

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Nemix77, May 28, 2017.

1. Nemix77
    OP

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Now I know as fact the Nintendo employee records set in the game all start off with 10 coins, what's frustrating for me is the easier tracks in which I cannot beat their record not matter which character I select, which car build I go with and which short cut I take I'm always off by 2 seconds...

All I want is the last Golden wheels and seems not realistically achievable in my view right now!!!

2. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's best looking speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    What courses in particular? Different builds are better for different courses. I know that baby park is definitely one the hardest, took me quite a few tries to do it. Also I thought the ghosts started out with 0 coins, as I always see them take the longer routes the first lap to collect coins.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

The base kart build that I used was the gold kart with slick tires and the regular glider with mostly gold Mario (occasionally I switched out for baby Bowser for some of the tougher courses). Also a suggestion is to look at what kart build the employees used, and what some of the top overall in the world used.

TeamScriptKiddies likes this.
  3. Pippin666

Pippin666 SSF43DE Master

Mar 30, 2009
    Canada
    Montreal, Qc
    Some people simply doesn't have the talent to beat those time trials.

Pip'

4. Saiyan Lusitano

Saiyan Lusitano GBAtemp Guru

Oct 29, 2015
    Sweden
    The time trials are very easy. Just pick a kart with high acceleration rate and drift as much as possible.

Using a heavy/strong character like Bowser can work for some stages but not all.

rileysrjay likes this.
  5. Nemix77
    OP

Nemix77 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 30, 2009
    Canada
    Mario Stadium!!!....stupid simple track but I can't beat their time!

Same thing online, I usually suck at the simple tracks yet excel at the more complicated tracks aka skilled tracks.

Last edited by Nemix77, May 28, 2017
  6. rileysrjay

rileysrjay GBAtemp's best looking speedster!

Apr 2, 2016
    United States
    Central City
    I used the kart build that I mentioned earlier. Another thing that shaves off time is where and how you use the mushroom. I believe the employee uses the best possible route with the mushroom. Watch the time trial and see what route they use and go from there.