Hacking MK5 16G and new 2008 USB loader

THUD

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
http://www.neoflash.com/go/index.php?optio...6&Itemid=37

My Slot 2 usb MK linker broke, the small usb snapped out of the plastic casing, so I ordered a new USB slot as above the 2008 USB Loader apparently this enables you to simply take out the SLOT 1 MK5 and put it into this and drag and drop files across..

Problem is as soon as you put it into your PC in this case vista, it tried to format it before you can use it, even if you don't select yes to format, I quickly removed the MK5 and when I put it in the DS it doesn't find the cart...
Even tried all the Hold down buttons whilst powering on to try and re-format my MK5...

So I think my MK5 cart is dead...

BE WARNING...I have contacted NEO team and basically they have completely ignored me....

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First, would you like to sell your writer?
Or maybe donate it?
I broke mine in the same way about 6 months ago. I have not played a new ROM since.
Any who, you can email [email protected] and he will sell you a slot-2 writer for 5GBP or 10USD.

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know. I only buy from him. He may be expenisve, but he has great shipping. His prices are lower than DX, if you factor in EMS shipping on DX prices.

aztheman69

Trophies
XP
Country
THUD said:
http://www.neoflash.com/go/index.php?optio...6&Itemid=37

My Slot 2 usb MK linker broke, the small usb snapped out of the plastic casing, so I ordered a new USB slot as above the 2008 USB Loader apparently this enables you to simply take out the SLOT 1 MK5 and put it into this and drag and drop files across..

Problem is as soon as you put it into your PC in this case vista, it tried to format it before you can use it, even if you don't select yes to format, I quickly removed the MK5 and when I put it in the DS it doesn't find the cart...
Even tried all the Hold down buttons whilst powering on to try and re-format my MK5...

So I think my MK5 cart is dead...

BE WARNING...I have contacted NEO team and basically they have completely ignored me....

Hey, I wanted to let you know that I had the exact same problem. I formatted my card thinking I could start from scratch (Pet hate of mine).

It turned it into FAT32 and therefore my DS wouldnt read it.
hate2.gif
I found that if you put the card back into your ds, and as it loads up the Nintendo ds splash screen,
nds.gif
hold start and select, you'll get a format option. Select Full format and it will work!!
yaynds.gif

Hit me back if you need anymore help.

You need to get the new files etc again, but your chip is not dead.
grog.gif

BattyChick

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh thank god!!! Dude, you just saved me from a serious loss of humour! lol

had been struggling to get the card to reformat so I can copy the xmenu file to start from scratch.

I got my card, was full of games i didn't like and stupidly just deleted everything without checking the file extentions, and have been kicking myself since! l

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
Paul, I ordered the Slot-2 from minionlinestore.com and they replied pretty quickly, would the price include EMs shipping or do they post via Hong Kong shipping?

aztheman69

Trophies
XP
Country
BattyChick said:
Oh thank god!!! Dude, you just saved me from a serious loss of humour! lol

had been struggling to get the card to reformat so I can copy the xmenu file to start from scratch.

I got my card, was full of games i didn't like and stupidly just deleted everything without checking the file extentions, and have been kicking myself since! l

Did it work for you? Let me know.

yaynds.gif

paul1991

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rizsparky said:
Paul, I ordered the Slot-2 from minionlinestore.com and they replied pretty quickly, would the price include EMs shipping or do they post via Hong Kong shipping?

Sorry. It is Hong Kong Airmail. I just checked my 3 packages that I ordered before and they are not EMS. It is still faster than you would expect. It really takes 5-7 days to get what you ordered.

What did you order?

Rizsparky

Saiyan Prince
Trophies
XP
Country
paul1991 said:
Rizsparky said:

Sorry. It is Hong Kong Airmail. I just checked my 3 packages that I ordered before and they are not EMS. It is still faster than you would expect. It really takes 5-7 days to get what you ordered.

What did you order?

I ordred the UFPEX Slot 2 adpater which i think is an N-card clone

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)