Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Hey

Go check out the rankings for any track, something just happened
blink.gif

All best times got like three times better. and all the first ranked have exactly the same times ! And they all play with wii wheel with Mario in Royal Kart.

I downloaded two world champions ghost, DS Yoshi Falls and Shy Guy Beach, to see how they did that and .... WTF Oo

They are doing only one lap ! They don't use super start or drifting, they just plainly race to the finish, doing a not so good lap time and that's it, their race end at the first lap (and the game tell you your 99 minutes behind if you finish a lap against their ghost). Tried to do the same thing, to understand, and it doesnt work.

So, here it is, online rankings screwed already because of some cheat (probably, that much players couldn't do EXACTLY the same time, with a 0.001 second precision)

sob :'(

Hardcore Gamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Heh, they've found a bug already. I've just watched their lap on moo moo meadows and mario circuit. They do a lap and as soon as they finish the first lap, they stop and do a U-turn and just stop. This somehow messes everything up and they end up timing out and keeping the first lap as an overall time.

If this can't be fixed then online rankings is gone. Day one fuck ups.

DiNo29

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
What it strange is that it's three times the exact same time.
If it's part of the trick, nintendo ban this time (which is impossible to do anyway) for each track and that's it.
But I didn't know it was the same three... that may even be WFC which got hacked or something ^^'

A

armand66

Nintendo can ban consoles connecting to the service for guaranteed cheaters, it's not that hard to do and seeing as they can see people literally cheating, they are just asking to be banned.

Dylaan

Trophies
XP
Country
Fucking ban their asses Nintendo!
frown.gif

EDIT: Just checked Worldwide Rankings then... No more fake times!
biggrin.gif
I'm hoping it'll stay that way...

kelvinate

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
But here is the question, is it really a cheat if it happened in game? I am assuming that they are not using any external devices or such. It just happened what action they took (by reversing and stopping) cause the game to bug out.

I am only going on the information I have read so far in this thread. I should think that they should delete those times due to the fact it was not a level playing field.

So here is the question, is a bug in the game a cheat or not?

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That's pretty lame. I'm never ever gonna even get close to getting on the top 10, but I wouldn't want to fuck up everyone else by cheating to get on the top 10 :/
I don't even see the point, everyone knows it's a cheat so they just ignore the 3 people and count the ones below as the REAL worldwide record holders.
Nintendo will have to do something about it though, there's no use in having a highscore list if the highscores are cheated.

DiNo29

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Yeah, but the problem is, you can't download the true world champion ghost (unless there's a way to download any ghost from the top10 that I didnt notice), only the best time, which is a cheated one.
But it's been fixed for now, the 3 new ones too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: I always thought that capcom shuffled the games in these collection, but apparently they are all...