MirandaIM Help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by War, Aug 25, 2008.

Aug 25, 2008

MirandaIM Help by War at 2:40 AM (912 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    I recently decided to switch voer to MirandaIM from Trillian Basic. It's kind of hard to figure Miranda out, so i had a couple questions regarding it...

-Is there a way to make it so it connects to my chosen IMing programs as soon as I log in? It's a pain in the ass to have to go through each one and select "Connect" manually.
    -How do I make it so the actual chat window looks like iChat's "bubbles"? I remember I asked this question a while back, but back then, I gave up on Miranda because I thought it was too hard to figure out. I'm giving it another go though, and I want to know how to achieve this effect. I know it's possible, I just don't know how to do it. If you need a picture to show what iChat's bubbles look like, just let me know and I'll gladly show you.
    -How do I make it so that in my contact list, I ONLY see their nicknames? Because it shows me a whole bunch of other crap I dont need to know, and its so much that it squishes their names and it just looks cluttered and horrible.

I think that's about it. Thanks!

2. xcalibur

Member xcalibur Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear

United Kingdom
    1) Get Startup Status plugin

2) Get IEview and templates for them. Veneer is a nice theme. Or you could download rtlview which contains a lot of IEview templates in one.

3) Options > Contact List > Row Items
    Disable and enable whatever you want. All the icons are at the end under "Extra Icons".

3. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Thank you SO much, X, you really helped me out a lot here.

One new question... how do I edit my avatar? In Trillian, it always showed my current avatar at the top right of the contact list... Im not sure how to check it here. Thanks!

4. xcalibur

United Kingdom
    main menu > view change my details

5. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    o-o Thanks again! I still can't get that damned IEView to work though. I put the IEView folder in my plugins, the rtl folder in my Miranda IM root, and then went to options, Enabled BBCode, and under Message Log, I ticked use Template and selected one from rtlview... after I applied, accepted, and restarted Miranda, I still can't get the damn thing to work.

Also, I cannot get sounds to work :\ There was a plug-in that would make a sound that I downloaded, but I had to get rid of it because it was an annoying horrible sound that would come out of my speakers and would ring like 3 times per minute @_@ Not good at all.

6. iffy525

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    For sounds download a pack from here: http://addons.miranda-im.org/index.php?act...&order=desc
    (You can download them from anywhere actually, as you can use any sound you want, but that is a good place to start for sound packs.)

It doesn't matter where you put them, just put them somewhere where you will remember where they are. Then go to Options > Customize > Sounds and change each different option to the sound you want.

7. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Woot, sounds working. All I need now is the rtl thing working, I think. Anyone know where I can get something like the iChat chat bubbles? Im guessing DA?

8. xcalibur

United Kingdom
    try putting the ieview folder at the root of the installation folder
    insteas of program files/miranda im/plugins/ieview
    try: program files/miranda im/ieview

9. War
    OP

Member War Take it easy~

Japan
    Yeah, just tried that, didn't work either. :\

10. Extreme Coder

Member Extreme Coder GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Egypt
  11. iffy525

Member iffy525 not famous

United States
    Does anyone know how to make skins for the modern contact list plugin? I've been looking all over but I can't seem to find a guide.