Minor help needed with Sonic Advance 2 Cheats

Discussion in 'GBA - Console and Game Discussions, Help and Tips' started by Alex*Sora*89, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Newcomer Alex*Sora*89 Member

Italy
    Hi there, folks, it's me again, ready to bother you guys some more.

Despite you may be busy with more recent Nintendo handhelds, this time around I need help with a GBA, as I've started to play Sonic Advance 2. The problem is, I haven't unlocked any feature yet, and due to the Chaos Emeralds' collection being a pain in where-the-sun-does-not-shine, I thought I could cheat my way out of this situation. Too bad my only items are a Blaze Xploder Advance, a R4 with WoodR4 as its firmware and a non-v1.4, standard R4i.

I've tried entering the only twelve-hexadecimal-digit cheat codes I could find, but to no avail (although, to be fair, I can't seem to find any Blaze Xploder Advance code at all on the interwebz, and the Codebreaker codes I entered are for the NA version - though I don't think there are any actual differences given all versions of the game have the same options, down to the available languages). All I got when doing so was a screen similar to the multiplayer one, without any possibility to get out of it.

So, to recap, I've got an European version of Sonic Advance 2, with a Blaze Xploder Advance, an R4 and an R4i on my side, but I can't enter any cheat codes with any one of these.

Can you guys do something to help me? I've also tried to lurk a bit before asking this, but I didn't find any thread with this kind of question.

We could use this topic to discuss alternate ways to enter a cheat code for any given game.

Thanks in advance. Heh heh... "advance".

2. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Italy
    Sorry for double-posting, but... anyone?

3. syrusch

Member syrusch GBAtemp Regular

Switzerland
    Hi, you've got only an R4 and your original Sonic Advance 2 cardrige ?

I've found this ->
    http://cheats.xploder.net/xploder/xploderui.asp?PID=90&SID=27095&gameid=1182&tab=gc&vn=5

You can choose the version of the cheats. These are for V5 but there's also cheats for V4 ->
    http://cheats.xploder.net/xploder/xploderui.asp?PID=90&gameid=1182&tab=gc&vn=4

4. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Italy
    I see those cheats are different from any other SA2 cheats I've ever found so far, so I guess these are the right ones; problem is, they somehow still don't work on my Xploder Advance. So, my question now is... how am I supposed to use cheats on a GBA game booted on a DS?

[EDIT: to clarify, I currently own a normal R4 with WoodR4 on it, as well as an R4i non-v1.4 (first model). I hope this helps. Still, how can I input cheats in a GBA game through an R4?]

5. syrusch

Switzerland
    You can't. You must have a SLOT2 linker that support Real Time Cheat or a linker to put a backup of you game that you have patched with GBA Auto Trainer.

6. Alex*Sora*89
    OP

Italy
    So much stuff I don't know anything about... can you explain what are those things you mentioned, what they do, and how they work?

Again, thanks in advance.

7. syrusch

Switzerland
    You can buy a Ez Flash 3in3 or Ez Flash IV. It's like a retail cardrige and you can put Rom image of your game cardrige.

Once you have your rom image, you can patch it with code.

With you current setup you can't cheat. You must have a SLOT-2 (GBA Slot) linker.