OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sourcey

QUOTE said:
I don't normally write about fan-made Metroid games (those that use sprites from the Metroid releases on the GBA), but this Construct project seems different enough to warrant a mention here on IndieGames.

Minitroid is a 2D platform game that is currently being developed by Metroid fan Tokinsom, and a short video that showcases the sprites in motion was uploaded to the internet sometime last week. Being a fan work, it should be safe to expect that Minitroid will be released as a free download for Windows when it is completed, although no release date has been attached to the project at the time of writing.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So awesome!!!!
epicb.gif

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GameDragon said:
I don't follow. Are you trying to say the original Metroid had zero upgrades?
The original Metroid had upgrades period. Like missiles, bombs, screw attack, high jump, long fire, charge beam, etc. Simple platformer being a game where you get no upgrades at all. Metroid is known for giving you upgrades. He was asking if this game was designed after the Metroid upgrade formula.

I'm fairly sure most of the upgrades in Zero Mission were in Metroid as well. I forget if there were some that were new (i think maybe the final dungeon may have had a different suit) but the original Metroid had a ton of upgrades.

EDIT- well Zero Mission did have a couple of new abilities such as the gravity suit and plasma beam. But the majority of the items were in the original as well.

monkat

I'd like to see you TRY to ban me. (Should I try?.
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.monkat.net
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I'm fairly sure most of the upgrades in Zero Mission were in Metroid as well. I forget if there were some that were new (i think maybe the final dungeon may have had a different suit) but the original Metroid had a ton of upgrades.

Zero mission had the edge-gripping thing, but nothing else I think.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'm pretty sure metroid didn't have the space jump and a new beam weapon that i can remember that zero gave you in the ship after defeating mother brain.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah just looked it up, it did have a new suit and a few new abilities. Movement was improved as well, like shooting diagonally. But the original Metroid did have abilities, and most of the ones in Zero Mission were in the original.

I think the space jump and screw attack were in the original btw...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz