Homebrew minipasta issues

Seanw684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started minipasta and held l to get back into hbl after it finished, then went to FBI, then installed BigBlueMenu.cia. when I restart the 3ds BBM either disappears or refuses to open. how do I set it up correctly? I tried following steps from this to try to set up rxtools: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-rxtools-custom-firmware-3ds-and-2ds.390867/

I am using a old 3ds on 9.2.0-20u

this is one of the errors:
Y6XOF1A.jpg

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Seanw684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went and did the BigBlueMenu.cia part again, but to get to the web browser after that requires a reboot... or am I not noticing something?

Last edited by Seanw684,

Seanw684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am I able to update emunand to newer 3ds version? and will I still be able to install .cia files to emunand?

Last edited by Seanw684,

Seanw684

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got confused at this part:

"Now, boot the HBL, and select Pasta CFW/Mini-Pasta
Once you boot into Pasta, run the HBL AGAIN and start the FBI application
Next, select the BigBlueMenu.cia you put on your SD earlier and press A to install it (make sure on the top screen it says "destination: SD" and "Mode: Install CIA"
This installs BigBlueMenu to your home menu in sysnand.

Now that you have BBM on your sysnand, make a backup of your sd card!!!

Open your 3DS internet Browser and go to http://go.gateway-3ds.com/ to launch EmuNAND9"

it turned out I could get back to the home screen to access the internet browser by relaunching minipasta, instead of pressing start, then A to reboot.

Last edited by Seanw684,

justinjustin7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
am I able to update emunand to newer 3ds version? and will I still be able to install .cia files to emunand?
You can update emunand through the emunand system settings just fine on o3DS (I did it just yesterday on mine). Emunand should still work fine and let you install your unsigned .cia files.

Make sure to setup the tubehax DNS (107.211.140.065) after updating your emunand so if an update comes out you don't accidentally update and brick your emunand. Oh, and having an emunand.bin backup is advised too.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: