ROM Hack Minigsf Files

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I do not have my minigsf stuff set up at this point (only 2sf in foobar) but is there nothing under file -> preferences -> playback -> input?

Deleted member 318366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not have my minigsf stuff set up at this point (only 2sf in foobar) but is there nothing under file -> preferences -> playback -> input?

No there isnt :( I only see the components I have downloaded and output but nothing that can mute the channels, I hope there'll be minigsf support with a mute channel option soon.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Before I pass out for the evening I thought I would give it a go.

Grabbed a copy of viogsf and stuck it in my foobar install to be greeted by square 1, square 2, Wave pattern, noise, PCM A and PCM B- those are more or less what the GBA passes off as channels ( http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#gbasoundcontroller ) and clicking them (after a second or two for the program to click) did indeed mute channels as it did for the DS stuff. If you are going for channels similar to say those you might get from Sappy then I believe the sappy format has soft channels as it were.

Deleted member 318366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out
Before I pass out for the evening I thought I would give it a go.

Grabbed a copy of viogsf and stuck it in my foobar install to be greeted by square 1, square 2, Wave pattern, noise, PCM A and PCM B- those are more or less what the GBA passes off as channels ( http://nocash.emubase.de/gbatek.htm#gbasoundcontroller ) and clicking them (after a second or two for the program to click) did indeed mute channels as it did for the DS stuff. If you are going for channels similar to say those you might get from Sappy then I believe the sappy format has soft channels as it were.

Yes! Yes!! Exactly! Now your speaking my language!!! This is what im trying to do mute the channels just like vgmtrans does in ds's dls sound format, ill try this and see if it works then post a feedback. Thank you!!!!! :-)

Edit: My god...it worked! It actually worked!!! Fast your a life saver, I had my head wrapped around all day trying to figure this out lol thanks again and by any chance when you wake up can you perhaps tell me how to do this with brstm files aka the wii sound format? Same thing mute the channels (if there is a way to do this too I mean) again i really appreciate it.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I could very well be mistaken but isn't brstm a wave like format? I know there are multichannel/multitrack options for some of them but they should not play at once when ripped properly.

Deleted member 318366

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I think so and I know it is one of many of the default sound formats extracted from a wii disc buuuut what software can do this properly? Because I have brawlbox which works with brstm files but the mute channel option is not there or at least I cant find it lol :P heres a link to what im talking about if you want to check it out http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238861.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)