Homebrew Mini vMac for 3DS

whostolemywaffle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how would u use this on homebrew? what files would you put in homebrew?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

and how would u shut down if using?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
It works great though I do have one request. Would it be possible to make it so that if you switch the mouse mode (or get any other vmac message) you can use the L shoulder button to dismiss the message rather than having to press "c" on the emulated keyboard? It is kind of annoying having to dig my stylus out just because I hit the A button by accident.

TarableCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Which would you rather have first?
Sound or a Macintosh II variant with colour?

Benchmarking shows that the o3ds runs at roughy ~1.5x and the new3ds at ~4.5x.
It's unclear if either will run fullspeed with Macintosh II emulation because the emulated CPU is 2x faster and the framebuffer conversion is slower*

*Goddamnit DMP WHERE ARE THE INDEXED COLOUR MODES?!

Reactions: SLiV3R

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's unclear if either will run fullspeed with Macintosh II emulation because the emulated CPU is 2x faster and the framebuffer conversion is slower*

Sound then color. Also a bigger keyboard for those with big fingers (like me)

SLiV3R

3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206
Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country

I prefer sound!! :)

TarableCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Work is still being done off and on, IRL issues came up for a bit but recently it's been better.

New github repo here:
https://github.com/TaraHoleInIt/minivmac-3ds

I haven't done a release yet because I never feel like I've "done enough" so there's always one more thing to add/ect.
That being said colour support is going to be in the next release and I'm hoping to get around to sound in the next few days.

It's actually in a buildable state even and works as is, I just wanted to get a bit more work done before saying anything.
9iOunkf.jpg

Stay tuned :)

TarableCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There was an issue with the earlier released builds, please re download from my github linked in the first page.
I set the clear colour to lime green for testing and forgot to put it back XD

Reactions: Joel16

TarableCode

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Copy the 3ds folder to the root of your SD card, and copy Macintosh ROM files into /3ds/vmac/
For Macintosh Plus emulation you need vMac.ROM and for Macintosh II emulation you need MacII.ROM.

You also need bootable disk images which I recommend setting up using the desktop version of Mini vMac before copying them over to your 3DS.
Lots of documentation is available at the author's site: http://www.gryphel.com/c/minivmac/

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Copy the 3ds folder to the root of your SD card, and copy Macintosh ROM files into /3ds/vmac/
For Macintosh Plus emulation you need vMac.ROM and for Macintosh II emulation you need MacII.ROM.

You also need bootable disk images which I recommend setting up using the desktop version of Mini vMac before copying them over to your 3DS.
Lots of documentation is available at the author's site: http://www.gryphel.com/c/minivmac/

Do you have a list of md5/sha1 checksums for said rom files? Also on the macII version how much RAM is emulated and is the MMU emulated?

Last edited by nl255,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Only Xbox I don't have is the OG, and One X model specifically, I regret giving my chipped OG model to one of my kids years ago, after later hearing he sold it to pawn shop, damn kids!
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, You shouldn't raise Fortnite gamers.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have they own kids now that will pay them back for all the things they did to me, that's how it works, Karma.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell their kids about pawn shops
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol I still got mw2 open beta on this ps4
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just recently picked up a n64 from a garage sell, and looking to mod it and add a HDMI port to it. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3548173115...044&customid=4f3038da73b61afddf7e5e90f4153856
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd like to find a power strip and HDMI selector built in 1 unit, so I can select which game system I want, and will switch to that hdmi, and power on that plug/power supply only, so don't have all game systems powered all the time, but can't find anything like. May just have to make something myself.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Maybe start a kick starter page and sell them, yea right. Big N would prob C&D me, not anything Big N related, but just because that's what they do nowdays. Then come out with they own in a year or so.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: User Gates "Disliked" your answer. +1