Gaming Minecraft update 1.5 "next week".

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
1.5 next week!
We were aiming at releasing 1.5 this week, but no. There’s been significant feature creep (we’ve got powered rails now, and lightning hitting a pig will turn it into a zombie pigman), so we don’t have time to get it out this week.

But next week!

In the meanwhile, check out this vid:
[youtube]qy882ILYJMM[/youtube]
Source.
-------------------
Didn't think it was big of an update as last time to warrant a USN topic, although if I may be wrong.
And no I won't be posting a news topic everytime Notch updates his tumblr, I just thought the addition of weather and "powered rails" was interesting. Don't know if powered rails has been discussed before maybe I'm just out of the loop, I don't check his twitter because I honestly can't work out how to use the damned site.
unsure.gif

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...Well, it's cool and all, but...A major part of my game is my mods, and until Minecraft gets more mobs, I think I'll stay on 1.3.1.

Moreover, mod creators just started updating their mods to 1.4, so it'll be a pain to update them. Again.

D

Deleted_171835

TwinRetro said:
I find it humorous that losing all your crap when you die has been deemed a bug from the very beginning, yet it still hasn't been fixed.
Your crap doesn't disappear. You can go back to where you died and pick it up.

This shouldn't be a news post. There's nothing notable in this post. Also, @DeadLocked:, change the link in the source to this. This links to the post he made rather than the blog in general.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Actually, it does...After 5 minutes real-time.

This update is going to be the best one yet, mainly because I've been waiting for rain forever, and I'm excited to finally see it being added, along with snow added back in.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
TwinRetro said:
I find it humorous that losing all your crap when you die has been deemed a bug from the very beginning, yet it still hasn't been fixed.

This shouldn't be a news post. There's nothing notable in this post. Also, @DeadLocked:, change the link in the source to this. This links to the post he made rather than the blog in general.
I actually found out that after a while it can de-spawn IIRC.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
SoulSnatcher said:
TwinRetro said:

Good luck getting to it in time if you didn't build a bed near where you died...

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
This is cool but I hope that next version optimise's it because without mods like optimine (which breaks my minimap) I get better fps on MW2

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
twiztidsinz said:
Slyakin said:
Yes! I love Minecraft, but it's strange that the feeling isn't mutual here. It's the most original game I've seen in ages.
Infiniminer says "ohai!".

Notch admits that he was inspired by that game but apart from the graphics and the fact you have to mine it's very different, and a lot better.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Well I'm not to sure that having 'weather' would be an improvement or not - unless the weather actually does MORE (OK - so Lightning turns Pigs into zombie pigmen - so what...)

Would like things like when it snows the ground gets snow covered (perhaps only on high ground), or when lightning strikes a tree IF you're under it - half your life is gone (although having a tree house might be a problem if you don't have a lightning rod attached)

The idea of 'powered rails' is a good idea - fancy a 'proper' train system to get around ? (without using those 'train tricks' to boost carts).. might get me to explore further afield in my 'world'

But things like the achievements might be fun (especially if you can create your own world & set tasks to be done in them) sounds like a good idea - maybe 'proper' adventure worlds can be made then (although would need a way to make 'unbreakable blocks' though)

Would like some more 'mobs' though..
How about 'bees' - if you capture bees & make a hive - you get honey!!! - but annoy the bees & they swarm @ you (until you jump into water perhaps) ?? - you could even make 'bee traps' - if a mob trips the trap the bees attack

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd rather see more items and especially different monsters, but weather and achievements is alright. But it's nothing big.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wizerzak said:
twiztidsinz said:
Slyakin said:
Yes! I love Minecraft, but it's strange that the feeling isn't mutual here. It's the most original game I've seen in ages.

Notch admits that he was inspired by that game but apart from the graphics and the fact you have to mine it's very different, and a lot better.
lol
'Apart from the fact that it's the same game, it's totally different'.

QUOTE(CannonFoddr @ Apr 16 2011, 01:10 PM)
Would like some more 'mobs' though..
How about 'bees'
[youtube]-1GadTfGFvU[/youtube]

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
Wizerzak said:
twiztidsinz said:
Slyakin said:

lol
'Apart from the fact that it's the same game, it's totally different'.
That's true, Wizerak, the only think you really said was different in that statement was that in Minecraft you can Craft, and you didn't even really say that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since