Minecraft on the Xbox One

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Minecraft was confirmed for the Xbox One yesterday at E3, spear-headed by 360 veterans 4J Studios. Currently, much of what MCX1 will bring to the table is being kept quiet, but behind-the-scenes discussions are, to say the very least, very promising indeed!

Let GBAtemp's first annual Mircosoft x Mojang circlejerk hate fest, BEGIN!

Master X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well... I suppose Microsoft had to do something to increase the chances of actually selling some XBone units.

Well played Microsoft... Well played.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was announced at the Xbox One conference, so it's not exactly news at this point.

Anyway, I find it funny that Microsoft claims that they're pro-Indie gaming (despite blocking self-publishing and continuing to impose fees for patching) by touting... Minecraft and just about nothing else. Meanwhile, Sony brought out 8 developers at once to show off their titles.

Like it or hate it, at this point, Minecraft is the least-indie indie game on the market.

Reactions: luigiman1928

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, I find it funny that Microsoft claims that they're pro-Indie gaming (despite blocking self-publishing and continuing to impose fees for patching) by touting... Minecraft and just about nothing else.
And Minecraft for the 360/Bone isn't even indie. It's developed/published by 4J, not Mojang.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was announced at the Xbox One conference, so it's not exactly news at this point.

Anyway, I find it funny that Microsoft claims that they're pro-Indie gaming (despite blocking self-publishing and continuing to impose fees for patching) by touting... Minecraft and just about nothing else. Meanwhile, Sony brought out 8 developers at once to show off their titles.

Like it or hate it, at this point, Minecraft is the least-indie indie game on the market.

Oh really? Oh well. I just saw it on the MC forums and figured someone would want to hear about it.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I never watch conferences, since I hear the highlights in a better (and more error-corrected form) later anyways.

Besides, I don't think that learning about upcoming games any earlier is to my benefit, since I can't get them until they come out and they're going to come out at the same time whether I watched a presentation or not.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjK2lPBzGzo