Ray =D

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dont you get that he isnt working on this project anymore? ^^
Actually, I am... kind of. It's hard to explain, but at any rate something *should* be released in a few months' time. But yeah, again, nothing coming anytime soon, sorry.
UMAD RAY?

Whats your problem? o_0 Everyone said he isnt working anymore and it also seemed like that. This was his first post after a LONG time. Now we know he is still working but slow. Dont be that rude to me, only if I give you a information :glare: Maybe SKJmin is right with all he said.

Reactions: 1 person

Janthran

Solarian
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont you get that he isnt working on this project anymore? ^^
Actually, I am... kind of. It's hard to explain, but at any rate something *should* be released in a few months' time. But yeah, again, nothing coming anytime soon, sorry.
UMAD RAY?

Whats your problem? o_0 Everyone said he isnt working anymore and it also seemed like that. This was his first post after a LONG time. Now we know he is still working but slow. Dont be that rude to me, only if I give you a information :glare: Maybe SKJmin is right with all he said.
I was just trying to be funny, dude. Chill.

conternecticus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi everyone!
I want to know that:
1.In DScraft wat can I do?
2.Is there animal like the full game on PC?
3.Is it a battery-kiler or not?

Sorry if I was so stupid, cuz I have no idea about Minecraft ^^

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
please leave smealum alone, he is busy with his REAL life :)
and that doesn't mean he can't get a moment of entertainment.
brain relief is almost mandatory when you code. You need breaks, even if it's days or weeks.

Reactions: 2 people

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Would this be allowed in the bounty, with copyright issues and such?
Actually - no
IIRC - there WAS a problem earlier in development when the graphics and sounds from the original Minecraft were used in DSCraft, & the programmer was asked nicely to remove them.... (I also think the name 'DSMinecraft'/'MinecraftDS' was also consider a breach of copyright)

So he used other sounds effects & a different graphic pack (I believe it was originally a MineCraft texture pack - but smealum asked the designer of THAT pack if he could use it in DSCraft)

The actual CODING of the DSCraft has nothing 'borrowed' from Minecraft - since MC is in Java and DSC is in C+ (I think),
so not copyright problems should occur there

The only 'copying' is the IDEA of Minecraft - but I'm guessing that's OK, after all look at all those 'clones' of Tetris or Arkanoid that are around !!

ficarra1002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually - no
IIRC - there WAS a problem earlier in development when the graphics and sounds from the original Minecraft were used in DSCraft, & the programmer was asked nicely to remove them.... (I also think the name 'DSMinecraft'/'MinecraftDS' was also consider a breach of copyright)

So he used other sounds effects & a different graphic pack (I believe it was originally a MineCraft texture pack - but smealum asked the designer of THAT pack if he could use it in DSCraft)

The actual CODING of the DSCraft has nothing 'borrowed' from Minecraft - since MC is in Java and DSC is in C+ (I think),

The only 'copying' is the IDEA of Minecraft - but I'm guessing that's OK, after all look at all those 'clones' of Tetris or Arkanoid that are around !!
Ok, thought so. And the idea itself I don't think is copyrighted, because take a look at the 50+ clones on the xbox marketplace

Technicmaster0

Trophies
Website
www.flashkarten.tk
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Actually - no

Ok, thought so. And the idea itself I don't think is copyrighted, because take a look at the 50+ clones on the xbox marketplace
Minecraft itself is a clone of a less famoust game.
Screw mobs, all I want is redstone and redstone accessories.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol McDonald's has a grandma mcflurry
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, furry grandma?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It sounds good actually, I like butterscotch
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It sucked don't know wtf these little bits and pieces are they use now
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I live maybe 3 minutes from a Dairy Queen, so I would just go there for ice cream anything anyways. I usually get the Oreo Blizzard, or a Peanut Buster Parfait.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats a dairy queen?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ice cream shop
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, mmmm ice cream
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremums a dairy queen
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: