Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, though Smealum said it's better to use a new (clean) map instead.

Though, they are using the same build engine, so they should work the exact same way. Only problem you could have is if the saving/loading system of the v200811 had a bug, it would load it badly in 220811.
He changed the way the maps are loaded, so maybe he could have made a different .map interpretation at the same time.

Just try it, it should work fine
smile.gif

Smealum:
How is working the water system? it's spreading only on the same level or lower, it can't fill a hole ?
When I delete blocks around the water, it fills it, It's still dynamic, the spreading process hasn't ended. so the horizontal spreading distance depend on the initial block position? You have to memorize each sources position then.

For the moment, you made an expansion limit to prevent drawing all the environment, right?
If you make a sponge it could be not a problem anymore as we can undo (remove all water which faces are connected to another water block's face).
Water connected to a sponge block -> transform it into sponge too
No more water connected to a sponge block -> remove that block from the map, check the other blocks. (or transform all, and remove all at once).

PS:
on 220811 I can't target and delete water block.
It was possible on 200811.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
xpgnome said:
When I save, I do not show where you saved, if nowhere else: ( (Is a bug)
What are you talking about?

The player position is not memorized when loading the map ? (it's normal, starting position is always at the same place on the map).
Map files contains only the world structure, not the player data. It would need an additional file to store it. (or include a header in the map).

xpgnome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
xpgnome said:
When I save, I do not show where you saved, if nowhere else: ( (Is a bug)
What are you talking about?

The player position is not memorized when loading the map ? (it's normal, starting position is always at the same place on the map).
Map files contains only the world structure, not the player data. It would need an additional file to store it. (or include a header in the map).
in the pc version, yes save,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This is not PC version, so it's not a bug.
Just not included yet.

V220811 :
Guru meditation (like Amiga
tongue.gif
)
PC: 02019CBC Addr: E1A00010
When trying to place a bloc on the sky (there was already a block on max height just bellow the sky).

Edit:
I added requests and suggestions on the wiki.

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
CannonFoddr said:
Schnida said:
It happens everytime when i create something at the Corner of my house. Im using the nitro Version.
The only problems I've been having with guru faults when creating/deleting stuff is when it's on the edge of the map - but somehow I doubt your house is on the edge of the map

Is it the same corner of the house or any corner ?
Is it one particular block - or any block ?

If it's the same corner but different blocks - perhaps it's a glitch in the map placement code or something - but what.... I wouldn't even know where to start

Perhaps it's your particular setup - what flashcard / DS system / MicroSD card are you running it on...
(I vaguely remember a homebrew that had trouble 'writing' to

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
So, for those of you who want to share some works and T. packs, i made a simple blog where you can put your stuff for other people to download!

Now, this is a simple thing, but it's a better way than using the wiki..

So, please visit: Problems with google sites, i'm trying to solve this

And start sharing some stuff!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sending an email is not my idea of sharing.
I thought users could just upload the files and choose the category, some information field, a preview picture, and the website would list it automatically (php driven
tongue.gif
).

I guess it's easier to users to just upload it to a file sharing website themselves. (but I'm bad mouthing
tongue.gif
, maybe users will prefer emailling the pack, I don't know).

it's how DScraftHQ will work, no?

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
sending an email is not my idea of sharing.
I thought users could just upload the files and choose the category, some information field, a preview picture, and the website would list it automatically (php driven
tongue.gif
).

I guess it's easier to users to just upload it to a file sharing website themselves. (but I'm bad mouthing
tongue.gif
, maybe users will prefer emailling the pack, I don't know).

I'm not asking for the users to give me anything, just the link....

I did things this way because everyone is asking to smealum to post links here and there to their texture packs, and some of them are simply putting the links right here, on this post...

So, everything will be better if all that stuff is in one place...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ah yes, you said only the link, I've misread
lecture.gif

They can also PM you here? (it's easier, at least for me, to use PM than email, and anonymous
tongue.gif
)
As long as you get the links and a preview picture (ingame screenshot?) it should be fine.

Bmcs

Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
ah yes, you said only the link, I've misread
lecture.gif

They can also PM you here? (it's easier, at least for me, to use PM than email, and anonymous
tongue.gif
)
As long as you get the links and a preview picture (ingame screenshot?) it should be fine.

You're right
tongue.gif

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Albert X said:
CannonFoddr said:
EDIT: bit of useless info - 203 views of the video I put up for Mbmax, in only 16hours !!!! - Unbelievable
WOW... Is this your biggest achievement? XD LOL, BTW I am the only one who commented!
biggrin.gif
Nope - MY biggest achievement on Youtube is a 'scribblenaut battle' video (>32000 veiws)

Schnida said:
CannonFoddr said:
QUOTE(Schnida @ Aug 23 2011, 05:18 AM)
It happens everytime when i create something at the Corner of my house. Im using the nitro Version.
The only problems I've been having with guru faults when creating/deleting stuff is when it's on the edge of the map
Haha, it actually IS on the edge of the map. So, problem solved. Let's hope for a fix.
Looks like another bug been found - added to the Wiki

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't know if anyone else has said this before but when i updated to the newest version, my map had some missing blocks on the floor.

unfortunately it messes up the whole idea of my map theme, exploring underground caves.

here's 3 screen shots of what it looks like.

Copy%20of%20SCR_00003.png
Copy%20of%20SCR_00004.png
Copy%20of%20SCR_00005.png

if it helps i am using the NITRO version

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
basher11 said:
i don't know if anyone else has said this before but when i updated to the newest version, my map had some missing blocks on the floor....
unfortunately it messes up the whole idea of my map theme, exploring underground caves....I think this has already been posted on the Wiki
QUOTE220811 Faces disappear after saving Many people
- apparently according to developer - it's now fixed for the next version

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....