Homebrew Minecraft DS (in 3D !)

Sir_Voe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bmcs said:
Putting in the game the ability of using carts, placing signs, doors, and battling some monsters give us all we need...there's no need to put crafting ability in the game. People are just talking about it because it's a feature present in the PC version, but what people don't realize is that, the DS it's not that powerful. Imo, a basic (very basic) monster and battle system will do just fine, and then comes the fun stuff, like the carts and all of that. It's those kind of things that (imo) can put this version for the DS on a whole new level...

I personally really look forward to resource collection and crafting. Mainly because it adds to the feeling of accomplishment when you stand back and look at what you've created, knowing every brick required effort and dedication to collect. I imagine adding creature models and basic AI would be more complex than just adding/subtracting a block to your inventory when you destroy/place one, and having it spit out a new type of block when you drag and drop old ones in a certain formation.
Not that I wouldn't love to see both at some time, but resources/crafting seems the most realistic expectation of the two at this point.

BreafingBread

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just went to lucasade site to see how it was doing. The download section is a little late, there is already a 220811 release, but there it says the latest release is the 200811. Same thing on the Recent News, it says the most recent release is 100811.

Some new screenshot would be nice too, the ones in the site are old. But the Site is doing very good, the background was good.

Albert X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ray =D said:
OMG! I started today my map and... all was away! Can anyone tell me... WHY?
Can give more detail?
EDIT: BTW new awesome texture packs, feel free to use them!
biggrin.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/?2gqbcz3d8iqb6mu

smealum

growing up sucks.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.smealum.net
XP
Country
United States
Ray =D said:
You mean after updating ? If so, the spawn point may have changed compared to the previous version. It won't change again, now it's the *proper* spawn point so no problem there...
If you're looking for your pool and everything, try walking to your right over a rather long distance right after spawning.
wink.gif
(that's how I found it)

basher11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smealum said:
Ray =D said:
You mean after updating ? If so, the spawn point may have changed compared to the previous version. It won't change again, now it's the *proper* spawn point so no problem there...
If you're looking for your pool and everything, try walking to your right over a rather long distance right after spawning.
wink.gif
(that's how I found it)

yeah i noticed that i didn't spawn right on top of my house
ohnoes.png

i still wasn't finished with it xD

at least now i know its a -cries- long way to the right.

i also have a rather hard time adding blocks to the side from a small distance. the cursor doesn't really land on the box and i have to move over or climb up something tall to add it.

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
smealum said:
Ray =D said:
wink.gif
(that's how I found it)
Fwew, i was sad for a moment, i thought my Golum cave was gone....headed west east for a minute and found it =P

Thanks for the DSi mode, very cool! im running it from sudokuhax right now =D

Albert X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to build a city!
biggrin.gif

But it is going to take a while, due to the condition of my right hand, which is broken, so yeah...
ohnoes.png

Schnida

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
CannonFoddr said:
Schnida said:
Just switched back from the second to the first version. With the second, I had many Guru Meditation errors :/
were you actually doing something when it happened (e.g. deleting a block on the edge of a map) or did it happen at random

Also which version (fat/nitro) did you use
It happens everytime when i create something at the Corner of my house. Im using the nitro Version.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
David_MKD said:
I am waiting for update where you can kill animals, make combinations etc.... Great jobYou might have a long wait then
laugh.gif

kevan said:
The completely flat map works for me....Why doesnt it work for you ?_?Perhaps it depends on the combo begin used

I've noticed posts where one person has problems while another doesn't, but without knowing the differences between the two setups it may be hard to figure out the problem

I think it may be a good idea to mention that when bug reporting, you should always mention stuff like
  • the DSCraft version you're using (fat/Nitro)
    The flashcard used (& any alternate OS you may be using - e.g. akaio/iMenu/dscover/ysmenu/hbmenu etc)
    The system you trying it on (DSLite/Phat/DSi/3DS)
Along with as much info about the bug as possible
- such as what were you doing when it happened.. GURU message numbers (I think there's only a couple that are really need to be posted - not the whole lot)

We may find a common factor why some people have trouble while others don't

QUOTE(BreafingBread @ Aug 23 2011, 01:14 AM)
Just went to lucasade site to see how it was doing.
Didn't think it was up yet - got the web address ??
I know it was gonna be called 'dscrafthq.com' or 'dscrafthq.ie' or something like that

Oh hang on - good old Google came up with this
Yep not finished yet - lot of 404 pages
laugh.gif

- IMHO I think the blue text on grey background should be changed a bit.
Can't read the text under the heading clearly - I think it says 'maps and image sharing'

I hope the 'gallery' gonna be 'split' into video & picture sections - not sure how the pictures should be displayed though..... thumbnails that expand into larger pic popup perhaps (aka Filetrip picture popups) ??

Albert X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another big bug!
ohnoes.png

I was building roads for my city, I did about ten percent of the roads when I saved it and decided to continue it in the next few hours, I came back, and then my road was not wear it should of been, it moved slightly!
EDIT: Wait it is not that, it did not move, it is just that I built it on the edge of the map, and when the map was NOT FULLY LOADED!
ohnoes.png

So Smealum can you fix this bug?
ohnoes.png

Patrick1704

Trophies
Website
dsprojekts.tk
XP
Country
Australia
smealum said:
Patrick1704 said:
@smealum:
can you make agame version for the wintermute cookingame exploit.
Without the /dscraft folder?
I'm sorry, I don't know, I'm not familiar with that exploit.

That the game work with the exploit i need a the game without the /dscraft folder (= built in) and without a /date folder in the game (Unpacked).

btw. thx for al the work

Albert X

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Patrick1704 said:
smealum said:
Patrick1704 said:
@smealum:
can you make agame version for the wintermute cookingame exploit.
Without the /dscraft folder?
I'm sorry, I don't know, I'm not familiar with that exploit.

That the game work with the exploit i need a the game without the /dscraft folder (= built in) and without a /date folder in the game (Unpacked).

btw. thx for al the work
but if there is a version like that, then no adding maps, or texture packs
ohnoes.png

BTW Anyone wants me to upload more texture packs!?
biggrin.gif

Here is the previous ones i uploaded
http://www.mediafire.com/?2gqbcz3d8iqb6mu (there are six in there)
cheers
biggrin.gif

CoNS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
smealum, again, fantastic work!
bow.gif

A few constructive comments:

1. Everything Minecraft is square, including the sun, so why did you make it a circle in DScraft?!
wink.gif

2. I use the NitroFS version, and it works fine on my DSi with Acekard 2i and AKAIO 1.8.7. But why do I see some messed up graphics/pixelation when I start the game (before the main menu comes up), and also when I exit to the main menu using the Start button?

3. What is the difference between the NitroFS and the FAT version?

4. Could you make the clouds 3-dimensional (1 block high) like in Minecraft.

5. In Minecraft the block cursor would indicate with a black outline if you are able to place (or destroy) a block or not at any given place you point. This does not seem to be the case for DScraft where the cursor is just white all the time, no matter how far away the object is?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://a.co/d/8tRQnqT