Minecraft Adventure Update (1.8) is publicly released!

Ace

GBATemp's Patrick Bateman
OP
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
205874[1].jpg

Minecraft 1.8, also known as the Adventure Update, is now live. This major patch adds a ton of noteworthy features to the game:
  • [*]New biomes: adds scenery like swamps, mountainous areas, oceans, rivers and chasms.
    [*]New mobs: The creepy Endermen will ignore you until you look at them, at which point they'll freeze and stare at you. When you look away, they'll attack. The update also adds cave spiders and silverfish.
    [*]New food and health system: Eating food now takes time and fills your health bar, which allows sprinting and passive health regen. Food is now stackable.
    [*]Expanded combat: You automatically get critical hits when attacking while falling. If you attack an enemy while sprinting, it will knock them far back. You can now charge bows to increase their damage and range.
    [*]NPC villages: You can find these villages throughout the world, even though the NPCs aren't coming until 1.9. The villages include buildings like houses, farms and churches.
    [*]Abandoned mines and strongholds: These can now be found underground.
    [*]New blocks: Vines, stone bricks, glass panes and fence gates.
    [*]Creative mode: Fly around while invincible and have unlimited resources and instant block destruction.
    [*]Experience: Players can collect experience orbs from monsters to level up, although it doesn't do anything yet.
    [*]Improved graphics: There's a new lighting engine and sliders for FOV and brightness. Explosions are prettier.

icon11.gif
Source

Sure took them long, but it's FINALLY here, and it certainly can only go better from here! I have some pretty big expectations on what to come, so to say!
wink.gif

Anyways, if you haven't updated yet, FIRE UP MINECRAFT.EXE/JAR AND GET TO IT!!
yay.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
gokujr1000 said:
Endermen's sound like the ghosts from Super Mario.
They're more like the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who. Stop looking and they approach, turn around and they'll teleport.

I like the update though am annoyed slightly. My old texture setup had a stone brick-like texture for cobblestone. Now they actually have stone brick and I'm going to be having an OCD freakout over ugly cobblestone and needing to change all my buildings. I'll just have to find a nicer cobblestone texture once Painterly is updated.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
gokujr1000 said:
They're more like the Weeping Angels from Doctor Who. Stop looking and they approach, turn around and they'll teleport.

I like the update though am annoyed slightly. My old texture setup had a stone brick-like texture for cobblestone. Now they actually have stone brick and I'm going to be having an OCD freakout over ugly cobblestone and needing to change all my buildings. I'll just have to find a nicer cobblestone texture once Painterly is updated.
What are you updating from? The Stone Block has been around for a while.

Also, I think Watson may be an Enderman:
[youtube]13YlEPwOfmk[/youtube]

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Jamstruth said:
gokujr1000 said:

What are you updating from? The Stone Block has been around for a while.
I'm talking about the Stone Brick block. Its made by a 2x2 arrangement of Stone Blocks. Imo its a lot nicer for walls and such than cobblestone. but its a lot more hassle to make. Right now in the default texture pack I'm feeling my town looks ugly
frown.gif

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So there are still no NPCs in the towns? Craaap. That sucks
frown.gif

I hate having to regenerate all my worlds everytime and losing all my stuff (Terraria and Piggy banks ftw)
frown.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Minecraft just does some really stupid updates.

The Adventure release looked good and gave the game some purpose. But there's still no NPCs and leveling up doesn't do anything. So what's the point?

It still feels like I paid $20 for a half baked game. And Minecraft is hardly a beta anymore, it' just a $20 indie game that takes a while to get significant updates.

I'll possibly get back to playing it once it gets levels, NPCs, etc. It just kinda feels like a bad version of Terraria at this point.

orma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Careful, as Experience will still crash your game when you die with a big amount of it.

Though, you can do some lava swimming to clear your mind of all that you have experienced and not have to worry.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
I've heard that for the new world generation, the seed "suavebaby" has some pretty interesting results, try it out.
Yet the seed gargamel and the other seed, which was a long string of numbers I can't remember, is now broken. If only someone knew the seeds that produce those worlds in 1.8.

QUOTE(orma @ Sep 14 2011, 10:08 PM) Careful, as Experience will still crash your game when you die with a big amount of it.

Though, you can do some lava swimming to clear your mind of all that you have experienced and not have to worry.
Lava swimming? Oh that sounds positively wonderful! I mean, I have died in lava pools I have attempted to clear out due to the massive amount of stuff under it that I've wanted to see.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Guild McCommunist said:
The Adventure release looked good and gave the game some purpose. But there's still no NPCs and leveling up doesn't do anything. So what's the point?
[...] I'll possibly get back to playing it once it gets levels, NPCs, etc. It just kinda feels like a bad version of Terraria at this point.
Wait, the levels are also non-functional? I kinda noticed that, but I wasn't sure.

Reading about too much experience making the game crash just killed this for me.

I'll get back to waiting for the awesome Terraria 1.1 update, thanks.

Dann Woolf

Deadpan Snarker
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My piece of shit laptop can't really run Minecraft anymore.

Chances are good of Minecraft 3.0 being released before I get a new computer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, Lol K3N1.