Gaming Minecraft 1.8 OFFICIAL trailer

Wizerzak

Because I'm a potato!
Trophies
XP
Country
Also:

Before the update you'd better grab as much food as you can. Stock up before you get hungry.
yay.gif

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Gabbynaruto said:
TDWP FTW said:
Gabbynaruto said:
Okay, the trailer is awesome, but, I'm sad to see such a unique and amazing game as Minecraft turn into a typical RPG. *sigh* Oh well, still looking forward to the other features 1.8 has to offer (villages, rivers, canyons, NPCs, Enderman).
RPG? Lolno. Stuff like improved combat and experience points doesn't instantly make it a "typical RPG." If it were a typical RPG, there would be people with crazy outfits and hairdos, people with giant swords and guns, etc.

Well, still, adding RPG elements is one step away from making it a RPG. And the exp points are the worst thing added to Minecraft so far. Why? Well, because it gives Minecraft a actual goal, whether it's written in the data there, or you just want the challenge. You'll start haunting for exp points and when you reach the final level, you'll have accomplished that goal and you'll give up the game because you'll feel like there's nothing left for you to do until the next update (which you'll hope will have a bigger level cap and more quests).

Minecraft was awesome because it didn't had a goal, and now that it has one, it doesn't feel like it did when it was infinitely open with no goal.
Its still not a "typical RPG".
There's no story.
The world is huge and random.
You can still just hang around one area and build if you really want.

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Jamstruth said:
Gabbynaruto said:
TDWP FTW said:
Gabbynaruto said:
Okay, the trailer is awesome, but, I'm sad to see such a unique and amazing game as Minecraft turn into a typical RPG. *sigh* Oh well, still looking forward to the other features 1.8 has to offer (villages, rivers, canyons, NPCs, Enderman).
RPG? Lolno. Stuff like improved combat and experience points doesn't instantly make it a "typical RPG." If it were a typical RPG, there would be people with crazy outfits and hairdos, people with giant swords and guns, etc.

Well, still, adding RPG elements is one step away from making it a RPG. And the exp points are the worst thing added to Minecraft so far. Why? Well, because it gives Minecraft a actual goal, whether it's written in the data there, or you just want the challenge. You'll start haunting for exp points and when you reach the final level, you'll have accomplished that goal and you'll give up the game because you'll feel like there's nothing left for you to do until the next update (which you'll hope will have a bigger level cap and more quests).

Minecraft was awesome because it didn't had a goal, and now that it has one, it doesn't feel like it did when it was infinitely open with no goal.
There's no story.

Yeah, for now, it's true. But, I hope Notch won't actually focus only on the RPG side of the game and leave the creative side to die after 1.8.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
Gabbynaruto said:
Jamstruth said:
Gabbynaruto said:
TDWP FTW said:
Gabbynaruto said:

There's no story.

Yeah, for now, it's true. But, I hope Notch won't actually focus only on the RPG side of the game and leave the creative side to die after 1.8.

I'll just say this.
Creative mode.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Jamstruth said:
There's no story.
You guys automatically think RPG = jRPG

Minecraft is going to be your typical wRPG

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
ZaeZae64 said:
Gabbynaruto said:
Jamstruth said:
Gabbynaruto said:
TDWP FTW said:
Gabbynaruto said:

There's no story.

I'll just say this.
Creative mode.

Um, Creative Mode allows you to play with infinite blocks, and every single type of them. So, although it would work if you want to create a perfect world you'll never play on, I do think playing survival and actually collecting the blocks you need to make your structures and items is much more fun than Creative Mode.

tehnoobshow

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haloman800 said:
Minecraft isn't even really a game.. it's just virtual LEGO's.. Unless you're still a 5 years old, I don't see how you can think this is fun.
Just because Minecraft isn't a generic shitty FPS and has no guns....doesn't mean that it isn't a fun game.
Have you even played Minecraft?
If you haven't then i suggest you STFU and go play COD in your grandma's attic.

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
I am excited for this. I have just stopped playing waiting months for this update to come out; this will most definitely get me back into the game.
happy.gif

I can't wait to see how the game plays after this! The whole world is watching, Mojang, please don't disappoint.
wub.gif

ThePowerOutage said:
You always have to add a day or two to minecrafts ETA's. It's just another of Mojangs quirks

Lol Mojang runs on Valve time

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Jamstruth said:
There's no story.

Didn't realise Elder Scrolls didn't have a story.
Didn't realise its map was randomly generated on the fly.
Didn't realise that you could build whatever you wanted in any Western RPG.

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Jamstruth said:
prowler_ said:
Jamstruth said:
There's no story.

Didn't realise Elder Scrolls is the only wRPG.

Stop comparing it to other games, it has wRPG elements, deal with it.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
I'm pretty excited about this ^^
I hope you can still play classic Minecraft. If it's just either building madness or uberEXPpointhungermajig, I'm not gonna be that happy. The hunger thing is really gonna piss me off.

Haloman800 said:
DERP DERP HURR
Sorry, come again?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hunger thing is something a lot of gamers aren't used to 'cause it hasn't been forcefully introduced. The only game I can think of is the Stalker series... and it's pitiful. You just keep a couple rations with you and you're fine. No sucky effects. Even games which have hunger mods are about that tame.

Keep one or two different kinds of foods at max and you're probably going to be fine. Wait for mods to give players an extreme hunger mode to panic over :/

Jamstruth

Trophies
XP
Country
prowler_ said:
Jamstruth said:
prowler_ said:
Jamstruth said:
There's no story.

Didn't realise Elder Scrolls is the only wRPG.

Stop comparing it to other games, it has wRPG elements, deal with it.
Elder Scrolls was just an example. Anyway I wasn't saying they weren't incorporating RPG elements, just that its not a "typical RPG". It has some serious differences that distinguish it from most wRPGs.

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ikki said:
I'm pretty excited about this ^^
I hope you can still play classic Minecraft. If it's just either building madness or uberEXPpointhungermajig, I'm not gonna be that happy. The hunger thing is really gonna piss me off.
When you make a new world, it'll give you a selection to make the world in Creative mode (kinda like Classic, except with more features, more blocks, and flying) or in Survival mode (what MC Beta is currently + new Adventure-type features)...that has nothing to do with your post though...
But if you don't want the hunger bar, Notch probably made it so it'll disable at lower difficulties. IIRC he said somewhere that it'll be an optional thing.

Alato

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tetris is the only game that I'll play that involves thinking and placing blocks.

Otherwise it's mindless and pathetic, play a real game that requires real skill and thinking.
at least with real games like Halo you have to shoot stuff.

Minecraft's stupid.

-- ALSO, twodaysohmygoodness. Haven't played Minecraft in a while since the server I was on died, but now I'll actually feel initiative to play single player.

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
Trophies
XP
Country
Wizerzak said:
Also:

Before the update you'd better grab as much food as you can. Stock up before you get hungry.
yay.gif
Are you talking in game food because to grasp most features, you need to make a new world as stated by either Jeb or Notch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BigOnYa series S is the way to go, its a bargain for a capable system