Homebrew Mine DS v0.2.0

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fb2709da-22cc-11e5-8865-9cffa3814161.png

Mine DS is a MineCraft-inspired 2D survival game for the DS. The forum thread has moved to a new location.
New Forum Thread

Last edited by Wolfgange,

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what is the difference between fat and nitroFS? which should be faster\better?
So essentially heres the pros and cons:

FAT
- Works with more cards
- Requires extra files in the SD card (And will crash without them)

NitroFS
- Will crash on some cards
- Does not require any extra files in SD card

So, if you want, try the NitroFS version, and if it crashes or something, use the FAT version.

Last edited by Wolfgange,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
@Wolfgange can ya make MINE DS recognize launching from a subfolder? like the ds craft from smea (and some other homebrew) there is someway to recognize the path...
i have to many stuff on root already (cfg files, folders for homebrew etc), would like to keep homebrew on a separated folder.. and ds craft currently requires it's folder to be at root..

Last edited by migles,

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wolfgange can ya make dscraft recognize launching from a subfolder? like the ds craft from smea (and some other homebrew) there is someay to recognize the path...
i have to many stuff on root already (cfg files, folders for homebrew etc), would like to keep homebrew on a separated folder.. and ds craft currently requires it's folder to be at root..
This homebrew is called Mine DS. I think Mine DS should work in any folder as long as you put the nds file in the same location as the folder. And we will consider adding argc support which would allow recognising the path when launching from hbmenu.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
This homebrew is called Mine DS. I think Mine DS should work in any folder as long as you put the nds file in the same location as the folder. And we will consider adding argc support which would allow recognising the path when launching from hbmenu.
fixed, sorry for confuse both names
i placed the folder on the same subfolder that has the nds file, but it crashes... (red screen of death lol)

how i tried:
./homebrew/MINE DS/
./homebrew/Mine-DS-fat.nds

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fixed, sorry for confuse both names
i placed the folder on the same subfolder that has the nds file, but it crashes... (red screen of death lol)

how i tried:
./homebrew/MINE DS/
./homebrew/Mine-DS-fat.nds
Try the NitroFS version.

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, we've noticed texture packs do not work with the current release and are working towards version 0.2.1 which will have the following changelog:

• Mobs now are in a vector
  • Doors
  • Water
  • Ocean / river biome
  • Working texture packs
  • Various lag fixes

Reactions: ipwndeveloper

ipwndeveloper

Trophies
Website
gb4iphone.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! By the way, 0.2.1 isn't out yet, however CoolAs found fix for the slow audio decoder and doors are already added so water is the only thing left till 0.2.1 is released.
ahh, that would explain why I cant find a download for .2.1 haha. This project is becoming very well polished(clean/professional)!

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahh, that would explain why I cant find a download for .2.1 haha. This project is becoming very well polished(clean/professional)!
Thanks. I'm also working on a website and video (The current website is a bit cluttered and only a default template of GitHub pages).

By the way, 0.2.1 could take some time considering I'm planning on using the 3D hardware for rendering water (Nothing actually to do with 3D, just a hack to render polygons without complex sprites/tiles).

Reactions: ipwndeveloper

Wolfgange

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait... this homebrew uses some of the 16MB extra RAM that the DSi offers?
Nope. (At least not yet) Honestly, I can't think of anything the extra RAM could be used for in Mine DS. (But I haven't done my research. If, for instance, more than 128 sprites could be drawn, I would be happy to allow more mobs).

CoolAs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
We've been working on adding water and ocean biomes, a screenshot of which is below.
As far as I know the only thing that we need to finish before the release of v0.2.1 is the addition of functional furnaces, so the new version should be out soon :)

KQMpnTO.png

D

Deleted-394630

Are there any texture packs for this? Such as the Default Minecraft pack? And where do I put one if I'm using the nitrofs version?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: With uremum