miiverse is going bye bye

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by monkeyman4412, Jul 19, 2017.

1. monkeyman4412
    OP

monkeyman4412 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 16, 2016
    United States
    Should of figured. Looking to the system update, it also has a new error log. which pretty much miiverse service is being discontinued. Anyone willing to save it?

2. Sinon

Sinon The Wolf Girl

Sep 15, 2015
    Costa Rica
    I donĀ“t think anyone is willing to "save" it

Last edited by Sinon, Jul 19, 2017
  3. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    when the switch did not get miiverse support, it was the 1st sign that is was going to be discounted at some point

FlappyFalco likes this.
  4. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    I did not see the point in it I think I have used it less than 5 times on wiiu and 3ds lol.

5. zoogie

zoogie simple pimp tool

Nov 30, 2014
    United States
    It kind of makes you wonder if miiverse ending prep is the real reason for the update. If it was just for the browser AP, they would likely have just said, "nah, waste of time". They certainly would have updated sooner if that was the case.

btw off-topic: what is AOC overlay app? that was one of the other updated titles.

Last edited by zoogie, Jul 19, 2017
    iAqua likes this.
  6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Yes I have been thinking it was bloody crazy of them not to do an update before BOTW came out. Nintendo basically said here is the biggest game we have ever made and as a thank you to wiiu owners you can get it for free lol. Why they never had brought out an update for it and made botw only work on the new firmware is beyond me.

zoogie likes this.
  7. wsquan171

wsquan171 GBAtemp Regular

GBAtemp Patron
    wsquan171 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Feb 14, 2015
    China
    I'm also curious about this. I read somewhere in the "incoming update" thread that AOC overlay is literally mintU. mint in 3ds, as everybody knows, is an applet handling eshop dlc list within games, so i guess it's doing similar things on wii u. However, I can't find any reference about this on wiiubrew, so correct me if anyone knows what exactly it is.

Madridi likes this.
  8. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    I'll join in with my curiosity. Maybe if enough people wonder about it someone will give us some info..

9. C0mm4nd_

C0mm4nd_ Aspirant Wii U homebrew dev :P

Oct 9, 2016
    Italy
    Sooo, AOC Overlay App seems to be an AOC list (you can see it in the DLC section of MK8, maybe in botw too?)

10. Madridi

Madridi Card Collector

May 9, 2008
    Qatar
    Doha
    Oh? Can you take a photo or video showing us how that looks like?