ROM Hack Migration Pokepatch, how does it work?

Necron

Lurking~
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Recently, I sent a pm to cory, but he says he hasn't touched the nds scene like a year, so he couldn't explain me how the patch works. I have read something, the patch copies the gba header to the nds game (in a specific place) or just does something else? Can someone explain the methond?

sinbad.the.saile

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's how cory described it....

"Copy code and a 'stub' are inserted at the tail end of arm9, which takes the embedded bankswitching code 'stub' and copies it to 0x23B0F00, arm9 entry is patched to jump to the copy code (so the secure CRC will be buggered in the patched header), FLASH ident responses are patched in 2 locations, and FLASH bankswitching is patched to jump to the copied 'stub'. arm9 region is padded to (arm9 size+copy patch size+arm9 footer size) + pad to align to 512 bytes, all other offsets in the header are shifted to match the new offsets and the FAT table is iterated through to change it's offsets and verify the data at those offsets."

Your probably better off asking help from the EZ Flash team. Though they probable wouldnt care about it these days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-