Mighty Flip Champs Review

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by vgshaman, Jun 19, 2009.

Jun 19, 2009

Mighty Flip Champs Review by vgshaman at 1:55 AM (918 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. vgshaman
    OP

Newcomer vgshaman Member

United States
    [​IMG]
    Overview: Today I will be talking about Mighty Flip Champs! a DSi Ware game released by Way Forward.

[​IMG]
    Gameplay:
    As you can see in the image above, it isn't very complicated looking. The 1/4 in the corner means that you are on page one of four pages you can "flip" to. You may think this is a gimmicky idea, but in reality it turns out for some very deep levels and gameplay. The upper right hand number is the number of flips you have used, and in the center, is the time that you have used. The key element of the gameplay is to first collect little items, then make your way to the frog creature who takes you away from each level. You may say, is that really it? But in truth there is some in-depth gameplay mechanics at work, and when you get to the harder levels, you really start having a hard time. There is no multiplayer at all in Mighty Flip Champs! and I wish maybe there was a time attack mode or something. However, the core mechanic is there, and I promise this game will take you hours to beat. Occasionally, there is a level where you will lose control of your wand, and must attempt to complete the stage without control, which adds a bit of an extra challenge.

9.5/10

Length:
    Obviously one of the longest games (if not the longest) on the DSi Ware roster (which is the only reason this was mentioned). It will take you many hours to complete, and will take you ages to earn S rankings on each level. It's even longer then some retail games.

10/10

Looks:
    The map looks like a 8/16 bit game, and that is not in anyway a bad thing. Well it may have dated visuals, it fits the game quite well.

9/10

Sound:
    This is really the weak point of the game in my opinion. For each area (usually about eight stages) the music is the same. Then again, most users don't listen to music on the DS unless it is extremely good. It's above average but not good so

7/10

Overall:
    This is an amazing game that should be in everyone who owns a DSi's library. Pick it up, and you won't be dissatisfied.

88.75 %
    B+

really, everyone should give this a try [​IMG]

2. KnarfX2

KnarfX2 Newbie

Game looks good, but Is it worth $8.

3. vgshaman
    OP

Newcomer vgshaman Member

United States
    You know, I would actually have to say it is. The game takes hours to beat, and even longer to master, and as long as you like a good puzzle game, you should be entertained for hours. Its a lot longer then some games that people spend thirty bucks on, plus its just all around fun [​IMG].