Hacking Mighty Channels

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
davebaol said:
mighty_channels_beta5_MOD_d2x_v3beta5.rarI installed this MOD version of Mighty Channels...

With the following meta.xml:
CODE

ÂÂÂÂMighty Channels
ÂÂÂÂ11 mod
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ201101250000
ÂÂÂÂMarc
ÂÂÂÂUSB/SD Channel loader

ÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂ
In my case, IOS 248 has the following cIOS installed: cIOS249[57]-v21d2x2slot248 (IOS248 (rev 21): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0 - as identified by syscheck). Slot was changed in ModMii, but not the version!

Folder nand is in my SD card root, with the following folders inside:
  • import
    meta
    shared1
    shared2
    sys
    ticket
    title
    tmp
Btw, this Nand dump has previously worked with mighty channels beta5 (non modded).

Still, while running the app directly from HBC, it always tries to run in IOS 249 (IOS249 (rev 17): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0 - as identified by syscheck, corresponding to cIOS Original Waninkoko v17 Base 38), instead of the one set in meta.xml (248).
This is shown in the bottom left corner in the app, and besides asking me which nand I want to use (showing it is ignoring auto argument) then I get an error message that it cannot get titles (because it is most probably not getting the nand at all).

Any ideas?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
XFlak said:
delete the lines with:
Code:
those lines effectively disable (or comment) all the settings in the lines in between themMy mistake, as I think it was already mentioned before in the topic. Now it works after that change...

QUOTE(XFlak @ Mar 1 2011, 09:02 PM) FYI, the version of the d2x cIOSs isn't supposed to change, so your syscheck reporting it as v21 is normal.
I also have downloaded cIOS250[56]-v21d2x2 and it appears IOS250 (rev 65535), so I don't understand your comment, as I'm sure I didn't change it in ModMii...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
249 is rev21, 250 is labelled as rev65535 but its really some other rev. ModMii does this in order to uphold wanin's tradition of maxing out the rev # for cIOS250 (but not 249) so that it will survive official ninty updates. In fact, from cIOS rev 10 to rev 19 or 20 every time u install a cIOS to slot 249 a copy was also silently installed to slot 250 but with its version # maxed out @ 65535.

The rev # doesn't really matter anyways, all it means is that if its lower than w/e version is officially available it will be overwritten/stubbed. If you want to change the slot or version #, use ModMii's advanced downloads feature.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Rev. version seems to matter for the Mighty channels mod Davebaol made.
There where a few comments from ppl that had the maxed out version, that could not run MC. After they changed the rev. version to 21, their problem was solved.

So at least a warning should be written somewhere..

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Etheboss said:
There where a few comments from ppl that had the maxed out version, that could not run MC. After they changed the rev. version to 21, their problem was solved.

It has been written already some days ago.
Read the important note at the end of the post: http://gbatemp.net/t271798-mighty-channels...p;#entry3460986

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I just found another problem game: ghost mania (PAL). I'm not sure on the error yet, but I can give the following history:

-cIOS: latest versions of d2x (beta 6), base IOS'es 38, 56, 57.
-folder redirection (\nand).
-mighty channels: that new modification that supports folder redirection.
-other games run fine (tested driift mania and ghost soldier earlier on the same settings without issue whatsoever)

On the first runs (no savegame yet), it either froze during the load or it black screened.
Running it in uloader worked, but returned an error that the savegame got corrupted (similar to dr mario, as I mentioned earlier). After manually deleting the savegame stuff, running it in uloader made the game work fine.

At this point, I thought this was a similar game as the bit.trip series (where MC just isn't able to create the savegames). However, running it in MC now returned the corrupted error.

can anyone please confirm?

I'll post the log later...

EDIT: tried running the game some more. Interesting to know is that I now get consistent error messages from the d2x cIOS tests (the savegame is corrupted), but that it continues to work fine in uloader (cIOS223, version 5).

My log file:

FS returned: 0
FS_Close(): 537172388
FS_Open(): (path: /dev/fs, mode: 0)
FS_Readdir(): (path: /title/00010001/57474150/content, iolen: 1)
FS_Readdir(): Calling FAT_ReadDir(, 0, 0)
FS_Readdir(): Return from FAT_ReadDir: outbuf=0, entries=12
FS_Readdir(): Calling os_sync_after_write(0x133E84C0,4)
FS_Readdir(): Calling os_sync_after_write(0,0) ----> outlen: 12
FS_Readdir(): Returning 0
FS_Readdir(): (path: /title/00010001/57474150/content, iolen: 2)
FS_Readdir(): Calling FAT_ReadDir(, 0x123B2A0, 12)
FS_Readdir(): Return from FAT_ReadDir: outbuf=0x123B2A0, entries=12
FS_Readdir(): Calling os_sync_after_write(0x133E84C0,4)
FS_Readdir(): Calling os_sync_after_write(0x123B2A0,156) ----> outlen: 12
1: title.tmd
2: 0000000f.app
3: 00000010.app
4: 00000011.app
5: 00000008.app
6: #uloader.dat
7: #title.tmd
8: 00000003.app
9: 00000004.app
10: 00000005.app
11: 00000006.app
12: 00000007.app
FS_Readdir(): (path: /title/00010001/57474150/data, iolen: 1)
FS_Readdir(): Calling FAT_ReadDir(, 0, 0)
FS_Readdir(): Return from FAT_ReadDir: outbuf=0, entries=2
FS_Readdir(): Calling os_sync_after_write(0x138F0080,4)
FS_Readdir(): Calling os_sync_after_write(0,0) ----> outlen: 2
FS_Close(): 537172424
FS_SetAttributes(): /title/00010001/57474150/data
FS_Close(): 537172424
FS_Open(): (path: /dev/es, mode: 0)
FS_Close(): 537172388
FS_Open(): (path: /dev/stm/immediate, mode: 0)
FS_Open(): (path: /dev/stm/eventhook, mode: 0)
FS_Open(): (path: /dev/net/kd/request, mode: 1)
FS_Open(): (path: /dev/net/kd/request, mode: 0)
FS_Open(): (path: /dev/net/kd/time, mode: 0)
FS_Open(): (path: /dev/di, mode: 0)
FS_Open(): (path: /dev/usb/oh1/57e/305, mode: 0)

(I'll see what this game does without folder redirection on rev17).
EDIT 2: alas...same "savegame corrupt" error happens on rev17 (and on d2x without folder redirection).
frown.gif

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
davebaol said:
Etheboss said:

It has been written already some days ago.
Read the important note at the end of the post: http://gbatemp.net/t271798-mighty-channels...p;#entry3460986
Uhhhm, missed that....Pardon me..
blush.gif

malva :x

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hi guys, i'm using cIOSX rev21d2x v3 on IOS 249 and i tried with both mighty_channels_beta5_by_marc and mighty_channels_beta5_MOD_d2x_v3beta5 but i get "ret= -181"

even deleting "-->" and setting parameters have been usless
frown.gif

help pls and thanks !

Etheboss

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
malva :x said:
hi guys, i'm using cIOSX rev21d2x v3 on IOS 249 and i tried with both mighty_channels_beta5_by_marc and mighty_channels_beta5_MOD_d2x_v3beta5 but i get "ret= -181"

even deleting "-->" and setting parameters have been usless
frown.gif

help pls and thanks !
Well deleting "-->" is important, and also the "

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
aminemaster said:
what does this do?
What does what do? The program, or the juggling with cIOS and modifications in the last few posts?

Assuming the former: mighty channels is a program that allows you to play wiiware and VC from an emulated nand. This means that if you know how to make an emulated nand, you can install your wiiware/vc on that instead of on the wii itself. Then, you can use mighty channel to play those games.

As to the latter...nand emulation isn't 100% done yet. It works fine for roughly 80-90% of the games, but there are still some problems. For that, a few cIOS'es have been released (check this thread) as well as a modification of mighty channel itself. The aforementioned discussion is to get a few of those games working (or the emulated nand itself...I haven't followed the conversation entirely).

Ace Overclocked

My CPU's hot but my core runs cold.
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wever said:
aminemaster said:
what does this do?
What does what do? The program, or the juggling with cIOS and modifications in the last few posts?

Assuming the former: mighty channels is a program that allows you to play wiiware and VC from an emulated nand. This means that if you know how to make an emulated nand, you can install your wiiware/vc on that instead of on the wii itself. Then, you can use mighty channel to play those games.

As to the latter...nand emulation isn't 100% done yet. It works fine for roughly 80-90% of the games, but there are still some problems. For that, a few cIOS'es have been released (check this thread) as well as a modification of mighty channel itself. The aforementioned discussion is to get a few of those games working (or the emulated nand itself...I haven't followed the conversation entirely).

QUOTE(Etheboss @ Mar 9 2011, 01:44 PM)
@aminemaster could also be referring to the error "ret= -181".

I have tried to search for it, but with no luck. Maybe Marc_max knows.
thanks i was referring to the program

yonggon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pplucky said:
marc_max said:
I still don't understand what do you mean by full screen (they are already showing in full screen lol). Maybe you mean you want all messages to be stacked instead of overwriting the old one?
If there is an error, the message appears and waits for a button to be pressed, so the message can be always read. It's very clean now.
Please check here what I mean (sorry for low quality):

When I click a game, its cover appears in front (smaller than screen size) and if I press A afterwards, the loading lines appear in black background on bottom right screen...

Maybe this happens for some setting I have, no?

Hi, thanks for the great application. I am totally agree with pplucky regarding the text scroll when starting a game. I value your intention to include the feature for some purposes. Could you at least make an argument like 'verbose = off' that we can set in the meta.xml to turn if on or off depending on the situation? This would make a great plus to already great application.
Thanks for all your hard work and effort.

marc_max

OP
Trophies
Website
www.marcrobledo.com
XP
Country
I'm back to MC development, expect BETA6 soon. It will be ready to be tested with special d2x 21003 version.
yonggon said:
Hi, thanks for the great application. I am totally agree with pplucky regarding the text scroll when starting a game. I value your intention to include the feature for some purposes. Could you at least make an argument like 'verbose = off' that we can set in the meta.xml to turn if on or off depending on the situation? This would make a great plus to already great application.
Thanks for all your hard work and effort.
As I said, there are other things that I should focus first.

blazingwolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I checked the first few pages, and noticed it did not work on cios rev 21, is this still the case? I don't have time to read every single page, I have to head out to college!

Thanks for any info!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.