• Total voters

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah guys, we will Unify™ Minecraft™! Oh what's that thing you're playing on your computer? Minecraft? Nope. That's J A V A E D I T I O N and you won't be able to play cross-platform with it!
Microsoft is leaving out Minecraft "Java Edition", and "continuing to support it, which probably means not suddenly discontinuing it. They will make a new "Super-Duper Graphics pack", the "Minecraft marketplace" and "Data Packs". The "Super-Duper Graphics pack" is basically shaders, the Data Packs, mods. Bad and very limited mods.
"Minecraft marketplace". This is the most stupid, disgusting and outstanding thing Microsoft showed us at E3. They are planning to make us PAY for all these things through it, things you could get and use for free on "Java Edition". They are planning to make M A P S paid, along with community made texture packs and "Data Packs". Here is a little picture of what it will look like:
upload_2017-6-23_19-44-54.png
Community Worlds will cost 960 coins EACH, as seen on the picture, and Community Texture Packs will cost 480 coins as seen on
upload_2017-6-23_19-58-46.png
Coins will be purchased for
upload_2017-6-23_19-51-57.png
of money.

So, that means that if you buy 1720 coins for 10 dollars, that means you can buy not even TWO maps. These cheeky little bastards made it 100 coins short. Ugh. So you could buy: 1 map and 1 texture pack or 3 texture packs. But seriously, forcing people to SELL their creations, even if they don't want to? That's bullshit. They are even leaving "Java Edition" behind, making it a "community supported edition".
Here are my thoughts: If you aren't gonna release new updates for this supposed "Community/Java Edition", let us do so. Release the source code for this game, and let us manage your damned "Community/Java Edition" from now on.
Thanks for reading this thread.

Attachments

• upload_2017-6-23_19-44-10.png
    upload_2017-6-23_19-44-10.png
    64.8 KB · Views: 287
  • upload_2017-6-23_19-50-28.png
    upload_2017-6-23_19-50-28.png
    16.2 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by BlastedGuy9905,
Reactions: Zense

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
The java edition of the game won't die, the mods that are actively being developed by the community are developed for this version. Even if it does, by some miracle, get left out we can still count on community made mods to further enhance the game (which, IMO, make the game even better than the crap that is being released officially by the devs).

Reactions: Deleted User

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary

rileysrjay

Connoisseur of all things Morshu
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't that surprising to me. They've been charging on consoles for skin packs and what not for ages now and the bedrock edition has been getting more love lately, even before all of this was announced. It really sucks for Java players though. Never change, Microsoft.

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Ok first, the Java edition is already way ahead than the other versions and this is a fact.
Second, those who have the Java edition can get the Windows 10 edition for free meaning cross platform multiplayer when it comes out
Third, Microsoft isn't working with the Java edition, Mojang is.
Fourth, just like Microsoft is working with their own versions (Android, Windows, Xbox), Mojang is working with the Java edition and 4J Studios is working with the Playstation versions.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a Roblox clone
Oh, okay. *Looks up Roblox so i don't have to ask* :ninja:
Well I mean there is worst, ever heard of uncraft me? :P

Then there is Retro City Rampage.

On steam there is Burokku girls on steam. According to some review and youtube videos, says is Ecchi anime minecraft. (NO LINK, don't wanna be in trouble.

My favorite is Dragon Fantasy. :P

And yes, these are real published indie games that cost money.

NoThisIsStupider

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
People complaining about Java not getting cross-platform don't understand how anything works behind the scenes. Java Minecraft has spaghetti code, one of the reasons it runs so poorly overall. Since all the other versions have a completely different code base, doing cross platform would be insanely hard.

The marketplace stuff is kinda crap, but I believe you can still get texture packs and skins and such from websites as usual.

BlastedGuy9905

where's the updated autopsy report
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People complaining about Java not getting cross-platform don't understand how anything works behind the scenes. Java Minecraft has spaghetti code, one of the reasons it runs so poorly overall. Since all the other versions have a completely different code base, doing cross platform would be insanely hard.

The marketplace stuff is kinda crap, but I believe you can still get texture packs and skins and such from websites as usual.
This thread is not from a scientific perspective. Complain about that in your own thread.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok first, the Java edition is already way ahead than the other versions and this is a fact.
Second, those who have the Java edition can get the Windows 10 edition for free meaning cross platform multiplayer when it comes out
Third, Microsoft isn't working with the Java edition, Mojang is.
Fourth, just like Microsoft is working with their own versions (Android, Windows, Xbox), Mojang is working with the Java edition and 4J Studios is working with the Playstation versions.
*LOUD SIGH*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You have a mistake in every single one of your claims.
1. You know that thre is a thing called "time", you know? Sometime the console versions will outrun "Java Edition".
2. "those who have the Java edition can get the Windows 10 edition for free meaning cross platform multiplayer when it comes out" You just stated "Java Edition" is superior. Also, no mods for consoles, Win10 Edition, Android (atleast no server mods) or iOS.
3. UGHHHHH!!! Remember when Microsoft bought Mojang? "Java Edition" is copyrighted by Microsoft. Then again, all editions are.
4. WHY DO I HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALL THESE STUPID "FACTS" OF YOURS?! First, Microsoft isn't working on ANY version. They are actually telling their Mojang subordinates what to do. Also, there is a Nintendo Switch Edition, too. 4J STUDIOS WORKS ON ALL CONSOLE EDITIONS FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!! I swear you haven't played Minecraft before...

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
This thread is not from a scientific perspective. Complain about that in your own thread.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

*LOUD SIGH*
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
You have a mistake in every single one of your claims.
1. You know that thre is a thing called "time", you know? Sometime the console versions will outrun "Java Edition".
2. "those who have the Java edition can get the Windows 10 edition for free meaning cross platform multiplayer when it comes out" You just stated "Java Edition" is superior. Also, no mods for consoles, Win10 Edition, Android (atleast no server mods) or iOS.
3. UGHHHHH!!! Remember when Microsoft bought Mojang? "Java Edition" is copyrighted by Microsoft. Then again, all editions are.
4. WHY DO I HAVE TO DEAL WITH ALL THESE STUPID "FACTS" OF YOURS?! First, Microsoft isn't working on ANY version. They are actually telling their Mojang subordinates what to do. Also, there is a Nintendo Switch Edition, too. 4J STUDIOS WORKS ON ALL CONSOLE EDITIONS FOR FUCK'S SAKE!!! I swear you haven't played Minecraft before...
You get angry easily it seems.

The Java edition will ALWAYS remain superior, Mojang manages that version NOT Microsoft, although Microsoft owns Mojang.
Fuck mods, play the game as intended.
Really? Had no idea, its not like I watched the E3 nor was one of the first people to know that Microsoft bought Mojang or anything /sarcasm off
They are, they already have cross platform done for Android/iOS/Windows 10 which requires you to either create or log in with an existing Xbox account to play. I was playing with a friend of mine a couple of months ago, he was playing on his Android phone and I was playing on my Windows 10 PC, both on the same server.
Yeah, I made one mistake, I said 4J Studios worked on Playstation consoles only but they seem to work on all console versions, my mistake. Regardless it seems that Microsoft is gonna take over.

Honey, I've been playing Minecraft before it even came out for the PS3 and I have the PS3/Vita/Android/JAVA/Windows 10 and soon to be Xbox One versions bought so please.

Last edited by Yepi69,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay