Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Microsoft Surface was previously the name of some kind of touch technology placed in tables that could be used for restaurants and the like. Now it's an overside tablet with a detachable keyboard? I'm not sure I follow the logic that degraded such an innovative product into just another overpriced tablet.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Microsoft Surface was previously the name of some kind of touch technology placed in tables that could be used for restaurants and the like. Now it's an overside tablet with a detachable keyboard? I'm not sure I follow the logic that degraded such an innovative product into just another overpriced tablet.

All in all, the Original Surface was just an overpriced toy for people who had way too much money.

Reactions: 1 person
D

Deleted_171835

http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/18/hands-on-with-microsoft-surface-for-windows-rt/
microsoft-surface-spec-sheet.png

Fuck yes, I want one. Ivy Bridge Core i5, 1080p display and a sexy gorilla glass screen all with full Windows 8.

It's everything I hated about a tablet fixed (the limited OS, I can finally do side-by-side multitasking!) along with everything I loved about one (compact, sexy screen) in one device. It's some kind of awesome hybrid!

FluffyLunamoth

Still a Touhou Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
http://www.engadget....for-windows-rt/
microsoft-surface-spec-sheet.png

Fuck yes, I want one. Ivy Bridge Core i5, 1080p display and a sexy gorilla glass screen all with full Windows 8.

It's everything I hated about a tablet fixed (the limited OS, I can finally do side-by-side multitasking!) along with everything I loved about one (compact, sexy screen) in one device. It's some kind of awesome hybrid!

Actually, Windows RT can't run normal windows applications, iirc. ARM and x86(and x64) aren't compatible with eachother. I don't think so, anyway. And even then, I think Microsoft has restrictions on what can use the Desktop app and what can't. And Metro's default "multitasking" is an absolute joke.

D

Deleted_171835

Actually, Windows RT can't run normal windows applications, iirc. ARM and x86(and x64) aren't compatible with eachother. I don't think so, anyway. And even then, I think Microsoft has restrictions on what can use the Desktop app and what can't. And Metro's default "multitasking" is an absolute joke.
I'm talking about the Pro tablet.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ladies, gentlemen... The PC of the future.

Full portability, detachable keyboard, a stand to use the tablet as a monitor when the keyboard is attached, a large HD touchscreen, external memory slots and USB slots, a full-blown OS rather than some contrived clone of a smartphone OS in an oversized shell... what's not to like?

Goodbye, tablets of the past - your assistance is no longer required.

That was one dashing commercial by the way, top-notch work Microsoft - why wasn't this on E3? You would've taken the expo by storm - I bet this thing has SOME gaming capabilities, and with its portability... Let's just say that it's a dream-come-true for those who want a full-blown OS and their beloved PC games on the go.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
For a tablet, heck yes.

For a PC, hell no.

IMO, Windows 8 looks horrible for a PC.

That thing looks promising, but 1.5 pounds is heavy (I'm already complaining that the new brickPad is heavy enough and it's 1.4 pounds).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Personally, I like the idea of Surface. At least the iPad has some serious competition. The new iPad really shot itself on the foot by just having a Retina Display and not having any significant speed improvements.

I just hope it isn't that expensive and the battery is good. I must say the Intel i5 version is more sandwiched between a tablet and a laptop.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm hoping for some more tech specs; I can't wait to see what lies beneath the Surface.

Seriously though, this is actually looking pretty awesome. Considering Apple's current dominance, it will be interesting to see how much competition Microsoft will manage to provide.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM