Microsoft claims Starfield will have the fewest bugs of any Bethesda release

Microsoft Game Studios head Matt Booty has tempted fate by claiming that Starfield will launch with fewer bugs than any other Bethesda game. Notably, he only says it will have fewer bugs, not necessarily that the bugs will be less severe, but it's still a bold claim for a studio that's become notorious for its extremely buggy games at launch.

"We have an awful lot of people internally playing it," said Booty on a Giant Bomb livestream (as spotted by VGC). "Working with Todd and the team, I see bug counts and just by the numbers, if it shipped today, this would have the fewest bugs that any game from Bethesda has ever shipped with."

However, this will be the first game released by Bethesda Game Studios since its acquisition by Microsoft in 2020. Phil Spencer, speaking on the same livestream, said that they pushed back Starfield's expected release date after the acquisition and have been prioritizing squashing bugs.

"Truth be told, when the acquisition closed, this game had a significantly earlier ship date than where we're actually launching it," Spencer said. "I think Matt said we have every QA person in our entire company playing Starfield right now, looking at bug counts, looking at the quality of where we are. The nice thing about what we showed today from my perspective is: that was the game. We've been playing the game for quite a while and that's the game."

With Starfield launching on September 6, 2023, Microsoft only has a few months left to finish squashing bugs if they want to make good on this promise.

kiaghi7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
⌐_⌐ That's like saying "Their new beach will have the least amount of sand"............. Yeah, I guess it could have less, but we all know it will be made entirely of.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a joke

I am joking too.

By the way before judgement day it is going to be good. Just type remaster into skynet2 and your old game instantly get remastered. Type sequel and you immediately get a sequel for your favorite game. All in golden joystick quality.

MetalTail

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think the comments express what the community thinks about this, went you set the bar so low, saying that you are aiming a little bit higher doesn't really make a difference, let's hope everything "just works"

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i'm sure some here can feel wet at certain times.
actually we don't

Did you know we don't have a receptor in our skin for wetness? Wetness is a sensation we take for granted – an experience our brain picks up from other cues, such as temperature and touch. Pioneering research is exploiting these facts to influence everyday product design, from nappies to deodorants

the more you know :P

Mike_77712

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Microsoft Game Studios head Matt Booty has tempted fate by claiming that Starfield will launch with fewer bugs than any other Bethesda game. Notably, he only says it will have fewer bugs, not necessarily that the bugs will be less severe, but it's still a bold claim for a studio that's become notorious for its extremely buggy games at launch.

"We have an awful lot of people internally playing it," said Booty on a Giant Bomb livestream (as spotted by VGC). "Working with Todd and the team, I see bug counts and just by the numbers, if it shipped today, this would have the fewest bugs that any game from Bethesda has ever shipped with."

However, this will be the first game released by Bethesda Game Studios since its acquisition by Microsoft in 2020. Phil Spencer, speaking on the same livestream, said that they pushed back Starfield's expected release date after the acquisition and have been prioritizing squashing bugs.

"Truth be told, when the acquisition closed, this game had a significantly earlier ship date than where we're actually launching it," Spencer said. "I think Matt said we have every QA person in our entire company playing Starfield right now, looking at bug counts, looking at the quality of where we are. The nice thing about what we showed today from my perspective is: that was the game. We've been playing the game for quite a while and that's the game."

With Starfield launching on September 6, 2023, Microsoft only has a few months left to finish squashing bugs if they want to make good on this promise.

That roughly translates to "Bethesda fanboys will eat up the unoptimized piece of slop and tote it around like a badge of honor regardless of how bad it turns out" Bootlickers never change, don't forget to thank MS and leave a tip

onlyslacker

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lol its bethesda now owned by microsoft which just released the HIGHLY POLISHED RED FALL, come on if you think it won't have insane glitches your wrong. (just hope their not too bad)

Urbanshadow

Trophies
XP
Country
I for once believe them. I mean, haven't been we beta testing it since 2016?

Oh forgive me, I thought this was no man's sky.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s