Hacking MicroSDHC questions.

MHx_scythe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, I received it 2 days ago in the mail, opened it, plugged it in, and transferred all my games/music/skins etc. About halfway through the transfer, it stopped, asking me to re insert the disk into the drive, and when I tried again, it came up in my explorer as 'Removable Disk' with an unknown format, 0kbs of space.

MHx_scythe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Turns out I was using a regular SD reader, not SDHC, by SanDisk. May I ask what program you used, so I don't have to buy a new one if I don't have to? Also do you think the fact I used a regular one first might have contributed to this?

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Lexar DriveKey II Boot and Format Utility
Thats what worked for me. I have 2 AData 4gb cards. I had problems with the Cyclo evo card reader and both versions of the R4 readers. The readers would disconnect randomly, not recognize cards, and freeze during transfers. I have been using a rosewill and a sandisk adapter recently without problem.

MagNetCZ

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh the cyclods reader has problems with SDHC? Oh my. I'll keep that in mind when getting an SDHC in the future, but one thing I'd like to know about these, are there any speed issues, on let's say Class 6 cards, on the cyclo.

gratefulbuddy

amateur lunatic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some people have had troubles with the cyclo micro sd reader and there are threads at the TC forums about it.

As far as sdhc cards go, I have experienced zero issues on any of the problematic games. I have only used the A-Data class6 4GB micro sdhc card in the Cyclo so I can't compare it to any others.

MHx_scythe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think the Cyclo has any problems whatsoever with SDHC cards, I got a defect, and got refunded. I bought a Kingston 4GB SDHC, in the hopes it would be fine. Should be here in 5-6 days.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill