Hacking MicroSDHC not compatible with M3i Zero?

bigtimeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this. i got it last week. http://www.amazon.com/-DATA-Class-microSDH...4208&sr=8-1

after a failed attempt to boot sakura, I did the following steps

1. borrowed someone's M3i Zero with his microSDHC (transcend 4gb class 6)
2. updated the M3i Zero to core 1.6.1 and did a backed up the important data on the transcend microSDHC.
3. formatted both our microSDHC's using Panasonic tool 2.0.0.3 (quick format, size adj. off)
-Transcend max filesize was 3.78gb, my microSDHC (a-data) was 3.75gb. both were fat32 afterward.
4. i got http://filetrip.net/file.php?id=13031 and put the system folder in both microSDHC's. i copied only this folder. did not copy anything else.
-both microSDHC were recognized on my PC. i didnt notice a transfer speed difference when copying over the system folder. no problems on this end
5. booted up DSi (on firmware 1.4u) and attempted to boot into sakura for the first time. both microSDHC had the screen where you pick either sakura or touchpod. on both microSDHC's , I picked sakura.
6. repeated the same as step 5, except this time, I chose touchpod

results
transcend: booted into sakura "now loading" screen. on the top screen, the sakura animation started. booted into sakura...success. also booted into touchpod...success

a-data: booted into sakura "now loading" screen. on the top screen, it was black. i waited 5 min and it stayed like this. did not boot into sakura....fail. on touchpod. both screens were black with the bottom screen stuck at "now loading". waited 5 min and it stayed like this. did not boot into touchpod...fail.

my question is: is the a-data microSDHC incompatible? is there such as thing as a microSDHC that is not compatible with flashcarts? how would i know and check when shopping for a microSDHC? is this problem an isolated situation, as in does it only apply to the M3i Zero? will it have this problem on another flashcart?

bigtimeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VentusVanitas said:
In my experience with firmwares (I use a normal M3Real), use Touchpod.

Sakura has too many problems. I've never had a Touchpod issue.

i forgot to mention that i tried that and it failed on the a-data microsdhc. it worked on the transcend microsdhc. i edited my OP

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
bigtimeman said:
VentusVanitas said:
In my experience with firmwares (I use a normal M3Real), use Touchpod.

Sakura has too many problems. I've never had a Touchpod issue.

i forgot to mention that i tried that and it failed on the a-data microsdhc. it worked on the transcend microsdhc. i edited my OP

i used sakura on m3izero with transcend 16gb 2class and kingston 32gb 4class work fine

Fel

GBAtemp's Adventurer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember reading back when the m3 section was more active, that supposedly some brands of microsd don't work with M3i, or perhaps only the brands with certain size (like 8GB). I think it was A-Data, which would explain your troubles. If you try looking, you should be able to find the thread, it had several pages and was popular.

I've got a M3DS Real, and it works with my A-data perfectly - but then, M3 Reals have never had any of those problems you have with M3is, like the sleep mode, YM3 not running on the latest hardware version and so on.

bigtimeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fel said:
I remember reading back when the m3 section was more active, that supposedly some brands of microsd don't work with M3i, or perhaps only the brands with certain size (like 8GB). I think it was A-Data, which would explain your troubles. If you try looking, you should be able to find the thread, it had several pages and was popular.

I've got a M3DS Real, and it works with my A-data perfectly - but then, M3 Reals have never had any of those problems you have with M3is, like the sleep mode, YM3 not running on the latest hardware version and so on.

i really hope this is just a compatibility problem with the M3i. i'll go get another flashcart and hopefully the a-data microsdhc will work fine with that. thanks for the help.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you formated the adata microSDHC with windows, you will have to format it with the panisonic formater. Make sure you back up everything before using it.

you can get it here: http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/eula/

Either that you you inserted and the contacts are not touching properly, in which case just remove and reinsert the microSD.

bigtimeman

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how_do_i_do_that said:
If you formated the adata microSDHC with windows, you will have to format it with the panisonic formater. Make sure you back up everything before using it.

you can get it here: http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/eula/

Either that you you inserted and the contacts are not touching properly, in which case just remove and reinsert the microSD.

hmm, I guess my OP wasn't as clear as I made it. I think my a-data microsdhc is inserted fine. the DS does recognize it. it just hangs when at the pink "now loading" screen with the black screen on top

i'll wait for another flashcart to arrive and test the microsdhc on that one. hopefully, this is just an isolated situation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-