Hardware microSD w/ Adapter or SD card?

Snigby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i want to extend my space to my o2DS.
I'm thinking about buying a microSD with adapter.
The microSD i want to buy is:

Zm3UHew.png

Is it bad to have SD adapter instead of classic SD card? Does it affects the performance?
The weird fact is that i tried a:
  • Toshiba 4GB SD class 4 (i think the stock card)
  • Transcend 8GB microSD class 10 with Adapter
and the boot up time was:
  • 13 sec
  • 17 sec
So the SD card performed better even though it's class 4.
Has anyone experience with micro SD with adapter?
Maybe its due to the fact that the microSD is a bit old?

I'd use micro sd simply for the fact that when you don't use it in your DS you can throw it in a phone or another device. If that other device doesn't use micro just use the adapter. Also, if you have CFW you can throw a cheeky game on the DS from your phone if it has micro sd. I've been using micro+adapter for a while and it's been wonderful!

IncognitoMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd use micro sd simply for the fact that when you don't use it in your DS you can throw it in a phone or another device. If that other device doesn't use micro just use the adapter. Also, if you have CFW you can throw a cheeky game on the DS from your phone if it has micro sd. I've been using micro+adapter for a while and it's been wonderful!
if the microsd slot is under the battery in your phone it might just be better to start up an FTP server on your 3ds and an FTP client on your phone. Saves time from taking the sd adaptor out, taking the microsd out of the adaptor, opening your phone case, removing the battery, inserting the microsd and turning the phone on. After which copy the files, then take your phone cover off (if you put it back on), then removing the battery, then taking the microsd card out, then putting it in the adaptor, then putting it in the 3ds. You see, a lot of time wasted. I is just better to use adaptors for devices with exposed sd or microsd readers so you don't have to rummage for it. If it is hidden, it is just better to use FTP.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c