MicroSD Management Wirelessly

Discussion in '3DS - Nintendo Network' started by EvanPorter158, Aug 11, 2018.

1. EvanPorter158
    OP

EvanPorter158 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2018
    United States
    Hello everyone. With the 11.8 update, brings me some concern. I am worried about ban waves on the n3ds. I heard they would "Flip a switch," or something like that. I heard cia managers like "Freeshop," and "CiAngel" would get you banned. Because of that, I found out a way to get legitimate game cias from a website. All is fine there, but my real concern, is connecting to WIFI to transfer files to my micro SD card. I am worried that because I am connecting online to do this, (instead of taking my micro SD out and inserting it into my PC,) Nintendo could see what files I was transferring, Identify the cia files, then ban me for transferring the files. I turn off internet connectivity when I play the games anyways, but I use internet to download the cias with FBI. In Conclusion, I am overall stressed about connecting to your Micro SD wirelessly. As I am worried about Nintendo detecting the "cia" files and banning me for that.

Thanks everyone!
    ~EvanPorter158

2. EvanPorter158
    OP

EvanPorter158 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2018
    United States
    PS. One more thing. About 30 minutes ago, I got a notification on my 3ds that had a system update. (I already am on 11.8 but I guess this must be a newer one. Could this be the update where they prevent piracy?) Could they be "Flipping the Switch on piracy?"

3. Ryccardo

Ryccardo außer Tiernahrung

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Try not listening to wild ass guesses (contrary to evidence) falsely stated as fact... (see https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/page-295)

MicroSD Management is a 100% local Samba server (just like homebrew FTP servers are 100% local FTP servers), and there would be no reason for them to be otherwise...
    ...not that they are efficient for your purpose (since you are going to transfer a file wirelessly, then install that file), when FBI supports streaming cias from a computer

I also recommend you to be less paranoid, excessive or long-time stress is bad for mind as much as body

Itzumi likes this.
  4. EvanPorter158
    OP

EvanPorter158 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2018
    United States

Hello, and thanks for your response. I am confused. Are you talking about Homebrew wireless managing, or the default one in the n3ds settings? I was talking about the one in the n3ds settings, not any 3rd party homebrew program. Could you confirm for me? Thanks. I am just worried about bans when using this feature.

5. Ryccardo

Ryccardo außer Tiernahrung

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    The same reasoning applies to both

6. EvanPorter158
    OP

EvanPorter158 Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 11, 2018
    United States