OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
I recently swapped my old MiniSD Supercard to a new Supercard Lite and I have this weird problem with some homebrew. My microsd card gets corrupted after I turn off the DS or exit the program. SCL just says "cannot find sd please turn off gba". I need to format the card afterwards which is a hassle because Windows will not even recognize the card anymore (fdisk on linux works).

Homebrew programs that work without problems:
dslinux
warcraft:td
lemmings ds
(Also NDS/GBA roms work without problems)

Homebrew programs that corrupt the card:
DS Doom
ScummVM
DS Organize
Moonshell

Patching the files with DLDI doesn't seem to change anything and the SCL has the latest firmware. I never had this problem with the MiniSD Supercard. Has anyone had similar problems with SCL?

bob123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I only had it say that once. I turned it off, pressed on my MicroSD card to make sure it was properly seated, turned it back on, and all was fine again. Did not need to format or anything. Hasn't happened since; it was about 2 months ago that it happened.

Godot0102

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its better to format with a device like a camera, windows formatting causes problems in my opinion. If SC does show that message i make sure the card is placed in correctly.Sometimes you do need to format, so its good to make backups of yours savs every week or so.

rant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Thanks for your suggestions, but I am quite sure that I am using the correct DLDI and the problem isn't with placement of the card. I should try different homebrew again (and perhaps redownloads the DLDI utilties & homebrew programs), but reformatting the card after the corruption is so timeconsuming and my favourite things already work (dslinux & NDS/GBA roms).

I also think that the microsd card itself might be bit low quality (1gb, bought from Thailand, brand Transcend).

brel

Trophies
XP
Country
Rant, this happened to me too. I tried using DS Organize but it corrupted my Micro SD everytime. I even lost some SAV files there. I just gave up trying to make DS Organize work. Comicbook DS and Moonshell works though.

rant

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nauru
Rant, this happened to me too. I tried using DS Organize but it corrupted my Micro SD everytime. I even lost some SAV files there. I just gave up trying to make DS Organize work. Comicbook DS and Moonshell works though.

ComicbookDS works with my SCL too, it's great. I just tried the most recent DSOrganize, and it corrupts the card (patching with DLDI gives only grey screens, using the file without patching works but it corrupts the card after closing).
No luck with the newest ScummVM either, I redownloaded the DLDI patch & utils but it didn't help either. Have you tried ScummVM yet? I haven't tried Moonshell in a while, but do you patch it with DLDI or the Moonshell patcher that is available in Supercard website?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P