Microsd corruption with SCLite

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by rant, Mar 4, 2007.

Mar 4, 2007

Microsd corruption with SCLite by rant at 10:36 AM (1,026 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. rant
    OP

Newcomer rant Member

Nauru
    I recently swapped my old MiniSD Supercard to a new Supercard Lite and I have this weird problem with some homebrew. My microsd card gets corrupted after I turn off the DS or exit the program. SCL just says "cannot find sd please turn off gba". I need to format the card afterwards which is a hassle because Windows will not even recognize the card anymore (fdisk on linux works).

Homebrew programs that work without problems:
    dslinux
    warcraft:td
    lemmings ds
    (Also NDS/GBA roms work without problems)

Homebrew programs that corrupt the card:
    DS Doom
    ScummVM
    DS Organize
    Moonshell

Patching the files with DLDI doesn't seem to change anything and the SCL has the latest firmware. I never had this problem with the MiniSD Supercard. Has anyone had similar problems with SCL?

2. bob123456

Newcomer bob123456 Member

I only had it say that once. I turned it off, pressed on my MicroSD card to make sure it was properly seated, turned it back on, and all was fine again. Did not need to format or anything. Hasn't happened since; it was about 2 months ago that it happened.

3. Godot0102

Newcomer Godot0102 Advanced Member

United States
    Its better to format with a device like a camera, windows formatting causes problems in my opinion. If SC does show that message i make sure the card is placed in correctly.Sometimes you do need to format, so its good to make backups of yours savs every week or so.

4. Destructobot

Member Destructobot Crave the Hammer

United States
    The Supercard Lite uses a different DLDI patch than the other slot 2 Supercards. Are you using the correct one?

5. rant
    OP

Newcomer rant Member

Nauru
    Thanks for your suggestions, but I am quite sure that I am using the correct DLDI and the problem isn't with placement of the card. I should try different homebrew again (and perhaps redownloads the DLDI utilties & homebrew programs), but reformatting the card after the corruption is so timeconsuming and my favourite things already work (dslinux & NDS/GBA roms).

I also think that the microsd card itself might be bit low quality (1gb, bought from Thailand, brand Transcend).

6. brel

Newcomer brel Newbie

Philippines
    Rant, this happened to me too. I tried using DS Organize but it corrupted my Micro SD everytime. I even lost some SAV files there. I just gave up trying to make DS Organize work. Comicbook DS and Moonshell works though.

7. rant
    OP

Newcomer rant Member

Nauru
    ComicbookDS works with my SCL too, it's great. I just tried the most recent DSOrganize, and it corrupts the card (patching with DLDI gives only grey screens, using the file without patching works but it corrupts the card after closing).
    No luck with the newest ScummVM either, I redownloaded the DLDI patch & utils but it didn't help either. Have you tried ScummVM yet? I haven't tried Moonshell in a while, but do you patch it with DLDI or the Moonshell patcher that is available in Supercard website?