Hacking MicroSD corrupted

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was transfering some games (Fifa and MH4 to my MicroSD,) when my PC gave an error. Now my microSD seems locked. I cant delete files nor add things to it. It says to run Chkdsk. I went to CMD and typed that, byt no errors.. Help :S

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Think i fixed it. basicly during the transfer, the pc made the sound like if the SD cart was ejected from the PC. Since then i couldnt do anything with it. I took it out and replugged it, and ''scanned'' it with the option it gave. now it works again. HOWEVER, i tried it 3 times now, i cant move MH4 to it.

Cant put any games on it... Gonna back them all up to my PC and format the card..

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
could just be that the card reader on your computer has crapped out then....but often fake cards have a set limit eg 4GB, as long as you stay below 4GB usage its all great once you go over into the "fake" area it basically screws everything up.....checking it out with H2testw will just make sure its legit, if it is, fine your all set, could of just been a glitch, if not at least you kneo

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
been using it fine for a month tho.

Typically these fake cards have like 4-8gb of functional space. Once you try writting to the other 8+gb of locations it just fails.
You were likely using the "good" 4-8gb for the first month. Mine was working fine too until I tried filling it.

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, thanks. I will run it. Can you provide me with a safe download link? Not too fond of Softpedia (google result)

Suthek

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Fun fact... I was formatting my MicroSD over and over trying to get it to work... after the 10th time, it reported as 2TB.
I am now the proud owner of a 2TB MicroSD (unpartitioned). It won't let me partition it anymore.

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are there any Gateway thingies stored on the microSD? Or can i safely format it? (Saves are saved to the big SD, right?)

That sounds funny, the 2 tb thing :P

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Using windows format atm. I emptied the card, formatted it (exFAT default) But whenever i want to move ANY game onto it, the microSD (in an adapter, in a SD usb) resets..

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any Gateway thingies stored on the microSD? Or can i safely format it? (Saves are saved to the big SD, right?)

Most game save to the 3DS's SD, but a few like Animal Crossing and Pokeymans save back into the rom on the Gateway SD. If you want more info you need to find out about Card 1 vs Card 2 type games. Card 2 games are the ones that save back into the rom.

iViperz

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried plugging the card into a different port?
If it's in a memory card slot, try a USB adapter

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fun fact... I was formatting my MicroSD over and over trying to get it to work... after the 10th time, it reported as 2TB.
I am now the proud owner of a 2TB MicroSD (unpartitioned). It won't let me partition it anymore.

I actually did this to a 32gb mSD card and it became a 64gb lol.

Dotmore

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i tried putting the game on my microsd from my phone, using adapter and usb, crashes too. i gues fault lies with either the adapter or the USB stick

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i tried putting the game on my microsd from my phone, using adapter and usb, crashes too. i gues fault lies with either the adapter or the USB stick
I have had both flake out on me in the past. I just ran down to Walmart and picked up a new $8 Targus usb reader. Inmy case my motherboard starts flaking out as well a couple of times a year and I have to pull the battery and totally reset bios. POS Asus. :hateit:

And stop using windows to format cards unless you need exFAT.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @GhostLatte approves