CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I ordered one Kingston 1 GB MicroSD card and one Corsair 1 GB SD card. I plan to use one for games and the other for mp3/media. Which one has the best compatibility for games?

Thanks
smile.gif

CrEsPo

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for the reply, that's what I was thinking because a lot of topics were about the Kingston card. Is there a major difference between the Japan version and the Taiwan version? I'm not sure which one I have.

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kingston hands down. Best performance and Corsair isnt exactly a best brand.

It is for computer RAM =]

RE japanese/taiwan kingston ... there are reports floating around forums that japanese version has slightly less compatability issues with troublesome games (Castlevania). Personally I have the japanese card and don't play castlevania, so I'm not bothered

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Kingston hands down.  Best performance and Corsair isnt exactly a best brand.

It is for computer RAM =]

RE japanese/taiwan kingston ... there are reports floating around forums that japanese version has slightly less compatability issues with troublesome games (Castlevania). Personally I have the japanese card and don't play castlevania, so I'm not bothered

My Kingston is from China. Bought it from Frys electronics...
unsure.gif

And yes, Corsair RAM is good for computers
nyanya.gif

DkInc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Have a Sandisk Ultra II 1 GB microSD (Taiwan), works fine, hasn't crashed on CV:POR on me yet. Also, two friends with Kingston 1 GB microSD on Lites, work fine. The format (FAT16 or FAT32) tends to make a difference, and whether the disk is not fragmented makes a *really* big difference. If you have a tendency of moving on and removing games often, probably a good idea to move everything off the unit, them move everything back on just to make sure they're all contiguous.

PS: Corsair makes awful RAM. It doesn't work to spec (usually needs more voltage) and it comes back WAY more often than either Kingston or Crucial (each of these sell way more than Corsair) at the store that I work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: wait +1