MicroSD Clean Out Help Needed!

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Master Dimentio, Apr 20, 2016.

1. Master Dimentio
    OP

Master Dimentio The Pleaser Of Crowds

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    Hello. I've recently gone through a tutorial found on Reddit for installing Arm9LoaderHax onto my 3DS. I'm able to install CIA's, and I've also got the NTR booter for Cheat plugins. Somewhere along the line I've lost sight of the importance of all the tools that are absolutely needed for what I use it for or what tools I no longer need. My goal is to take out as much unneeded tools so I can make my 3DS a system for all my favorite games. Below is what my SD Card looks like as well as a link to the Arm9loaderhax tutorial.

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Warning: Spoilers inside!

Right now the big things I am using are the NTR Cheats through the BootNTR, HBLauncher, FBI for installing CIAs, SVDT for saved data, CHMM2 for themes, HANS, Screenshot Tool, and I think that's it. If someone could bit by bit list what I don't need anymore for all the above it would really help. Can anyone help me?

Last edited by Master Dimentio, Apr 20, 2016
  2. FTRBND

FTRBND waifu

Apr 3, 2016
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    _____________ Dex: Complete
    You can remove screenshot tool already since NTR has that.
    You don't need DLL and EXE files and should probably keep them in a folder on you desktop.[Sorted by program]
    Also there are a lot of files and folders that I see for the first time, so I don't quite know what they are used for, but for reference here's my root:
    [​IMG]
    Aurei = Aureinand
    Cia = Where I store temporary CIAs and DLCs
    fefatesSE = Fire Gayblem Fates
    JKSV = Save Data Manager
    pk = Custom Pokemon Bank Homebrew
    Plugin = NTRCFW
    Themes = CHMM2

a9lh.cfg = CTRBootManager9
    hbll_otherapp_payload = Homebrew Launcher
    (ignore boot.3dsx, just deleted it.)

But your best bet would be checking the picture at the bottom of the page here https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-(arm9loaderhax-&-AuReiNand)

Last edited by FTRBND, Apr 20, 2016
    Celldweller97 likes this.
  3. Master Dimentio
    OP

Master Dimentio The Pleaser Of Crowds

Feb 17, 2016
    United States
    Making my perfect world.
    So I got the root of the SD cleaned up, I just don't recall what these other folders contain or what I don't need in the 3DS folder anymore. I don't even think I have a major need for Decrypt to be honest.

Last edited by Master Dimentio, Apr 20, 2016
  4. FTRBND

FTRBND waifu

Apr 3, 2016
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    _____________ Dex: Complete
    You shouldn't delete Decrypt9. Ever.
    I would say backup everything that's not in my image to a safe folder and then delete it all from your sd card. Then just boot and see how it goes and if everything works correctly.