Hacking MicroSD choice for Gateway card

cateater1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Just curious to see if anyone is using a larger 32gb card already regardless of the lack of multirom yet.

If so are there any issues? I only ask because a lot of the 32gb cards for sale are class 10 uhs-1 and i'm not well versed in the newer class of card speed (is it relevant with a gateway card?) i'm still using a class 4 samsung 8gb.

I suspect there will be no discernible reading difference between a class 4 card and a 10 when it comes to gateway use? not bothered about that anyway really i just wanted to know if anyone has had any compatibility issues.

ta

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm using a 32GB Transcend class 10 (no u) just fine. And even if I can't notice a difference in performance between an older noname 8GB class 4 and said class 10 in the gateway, i can see a significant difference in write speed in my usb 3 sd card reader. And in order to have to wait less than half the time I was more than willing to spend two-ish € more for the faster card.

edit: Just looked up the exact type in my amazon order: TS32GUSDHC10E

cateater1

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm using a 32GB Transcend class 10 (no u) just fine. And even if I can't notice a difference in performance between an older noname 8GB class 4 and said class 10 in the gateway, i can see a significant difference in write speed in my usb 3 sd card reader. And in order to having to wait less than half the time I was more than willing to spend two-ish € more for the faster card.

thanks for the info, i was actually looking at that exact card on Amazon, i have used Transcend memory in the past and its always been decent. thanks again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Also the wood ui for twl menu is back... +2