MicroSD choice for Gateway card

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cateater1, Dec 11, 2013.

1. cateater1
    OP

cateater1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    cheshire
    Just curious to see if anyone is using a larger 32gb card already regardless of the lack of multirom yet.

If so are there any issues? I only ask because a lot of the 32gb cards for sale are class 10 uhs-1 and i'm not well versed in the newer class of card speed (is it relevant with a gateway card?) i'm still using a class 4 samsung 8gb.

I suspect there will be no discernible reading difference between a class 4 card and a 10 when it comes to gateway use? not bothered about that anyway really i just wanted to know if anyone has had any compatibility issues.

ta

2. bkifft

bkifft avowed Cuthwaldian

Jun 10, 2010
    Gambia, The
    I'm using a 32GB Transcend class 10 (no u) just fine. And even if I can't notice a difference in performance between an older noname 8GB class 4 and said class 10 in the gateway, i can see a significant difference in write speed in my usb 3 sd card reader. And in order to have to wait less than half the time I was more than willing to spend two-ish € more for the faster card.

edit: Just looked up the exact type in my amazon order: TS32GUSDHC10E

3. cateater1
    OP

cateater1 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 26, 2010
    cheshire

thanks for the info, i was actually looking at that exact card on Amazon, i have used Transcend memory in the past and its always been decent. thanks again.

4. bouhrassa

bouhrassa Member

Newcomer
    May 27, 2010
    Canada
    I use a sandisk 8gb class 4 and a lexar 32gb class 10... no difference at all.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice