Hacking MicroSD Card for Supercard DS One

darkwingduck13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I'm planning to order the Supercard DS One tomorrow, and I'm trying to figure out which MicroSD card to order. The Supercard website is less than useless. I need to know if it will support an 8 GB Micro SDHC card, and whether this one is a good choice: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-microSDHC-Ca...1322&sr=8-3

If not, I had thought about this one: http://www.amazon.com/Sandisk-MicroSDHC-Me...1322&sr=8-1

Is there anything I should know or be concerned about in terms of compatibility with either of these cards?

Thanks!

GX255

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should not purchase 8gb micro sd from amazon at all. They tend to be fakes (4g / 2g ) if u open them. I learned this the hard way after I ordered 4.

darkwingduck13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for that information, but it doesn't answer my more basic question of whether an actual 8 GB model like the one above will work with the Supercard.

Anyone have any information on Micro SDHC compatibility for the Supercard DS One?

GX255

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes Supercard ds one supports micro SDHC. So far I've seen an 8gb by A-DATA work the best and fastest. you can get that micro sdhc at newegg.

GX255

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I purchased http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2393 . I got 2 of them on shipping status. You can also settle for the card itself
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.5097 = 28.12
and
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211196 = 18.97 with shipping

Thats a A-Data Class 6 4gb SDHC, one of the best IMO and I'm sure others will say so also for Flash Cart gaming. Having a Class 6 (6mg/sec read) usually eliminates the menu lag for SupercardDS one making it more superior to CycloDS. Go the extra mile and use the Toy menu for faster access.

That total should cost you $47.09. Or just settle for my first link which comes with a 1gb Kingston micro sd at $32.83

zhuzhuchina

Trophies
Website
www.zhuzhuchina.com
XP
Country
Switzerland
8 gb sdhc avaible now usually in china got san disk logo. i tested some memory and works as 8gb microsd sdhc but i don't think they are original sandisk. howevers works .

supercard ds one sdhc works with all microsd memory, no special incompatibilty found until now

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
zhuzhuchina said:
supercard ds one sdhc works with all microsd memory, no special incompatibilty found until now
That isn't totally true as slow or low quality microSDs/microSDHCs are known to cause problems with the Scds1. It doesn't cause as much problems as it did before, but still enough problems to be annoying.

geokilla

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got the Sandisk 8GB MicroSDHC Class 4 from DealExtreme and so far so good. When I watch videos, it may lag a bit, but running it on the latest Homebrew version, there's virtually no lag.

I also get virtually no lag in my games. However, I believe that Supercard has a slight problem running the Castlevania series if you're using a slow SD card. I didn't try the game out so I can't comment on that.

darkwingduck13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, just to follow up on my original questions and to give you guys some closure (I know I hate when I read forum threads about people asking for advice, only to never know how it panned out), I thought I'd post what I ended up doing.

I ordered the Supercard DS One from Leetmod.com. Took them like 3 days to ship it. When they did, it got here in like 2 days. Pretty fast time in getting here, but I was starting to wonder if I wouldn't have been better off ordering from DealExtreme and saving like $15.

For the SDHC card, I ended up going with the 4 GB A Data Class 6 cards...bought 2 of those from Newegg. Price was like $14 apiece or so, and even though I didn't want to swap cards, I read far enough back in the posts in this forum to see that people were claiming slowdown with cards below Class 6, so I just went ahead and got the A Data.

So far, everything seems to work great. There was a new software update on the front page of GBATemp that I loaded right off the bat, and started playing. It plays everything I've thrown at it so far. Seems to save without issue. I love that the saves are just yet another file on the memory card...it'll make them easy to handle when backing up, etc. I love that I don't have to have special software installed to use the thing...since even the OS is just another file on the SDHC card, it's all just copy n' paste, and I can do it on any of my PCs/laptops.

I really have no issues so far, though I'm about to see if I can figure out how to load some emulators on my second SDHC card. Wish me luck!
smile.gif

alittleboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,

I am planning to buy the SC DS1, but I am worried that the micro-SD cards that I have are not "turbo" or "high speed" I see that A-data is popular in this thread and so is Kingston and Sandisk. I found this card and there will be a sale on 7-28. Are these read rates good enough to have no lag?

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=207498748

List price: $24.99
Our Price: $9.99
Shipping: FREE
Buy.com Total Price: $9.99

Features
Transfer rate up to 60x reading (9MBps) and 38x writing (5.7MBps)
Compatible with all mobile devices that feature an SD slot
Includes SD adapter

Thanks for your help

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Overclock your PS3!!! lol