Gaming Micro SDHC Help

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your card is probably raw, you need to repartition it

in windows XP go to administrative tools > computer management > disk administrator (sorry, don't know about vista, try doing it on another computer that has XP)

PeregrinFig

A miserable little pile of secrets
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Terminator02 said:
your card is probably raw, you need to repartition it

in windows XP go to administrative tools > computer management > disk administrator (sorry, don't know about vista, try doing it on another computer that has XP)

I had to do this for my HDD. Vista, go to Control Panel > System and Maintenance > Administrative Tools > Create and format hard disk partitions.

Vista's control panel is so much harder to navigate than XP's, it drives me crazy. If this laptop wasn't a thousand times faster than the desktop with XP, I'd be using that, but unfortunately in this case I need to pick speed over convenience.

tk_saturn

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You load the Disk Manager by going to the start menu, type "diskmgmt.msc" into the run box and pressing enter.

However, for MicroSD cards you are better off using gparted.

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I've only encountered the "cannot be formatted" error in 3 cases - write lock on the card, malfunction in the reader, and when the card is dead. There's not much advice I can give. EDIT: Good sign of it being dead is if it doesn't show you the right size (e.g. if it thinks it's only 2MB big instead of 4GB).

An easier way to access disk management (in XP, Vista and 7), is to right click on My Computer and click Manage. On the left you'll see Disk management, amongst the other management services available.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I feel like I spent the night with Ancientboi +1