Micro SD reader or Micro SD not recognized?

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by nordini, Sep 30, 2009.

Sep 30, 2009
  1. nordini
    OP

Newcomer nordini Member

United States
    So i use a Supercard DSonei but i get the feeling that doesnt really matter,

My supercard and microsd works fine when in my DSi, it still plays my ROMs with my save files but now i want to put KH:358/2 on there too.

So i go to plug my micro sd into my reader and then the reader into my laptop and at first it says USB device not recognized. i restart my laptop. Now that error does not come up but when i go to my computer and then "removable disk (L)" it comes up blank as if nothing is on my micro sd. I know there is. i just put it back in my SC and my DSi and saw the files still there.

What's wrong? How do i fix this?

EDIT: Now im getting the USB device not recognized error again.

Is it my micro sd reader? I'm just using the one that came with my SC and it worked fine before though i havent used it in a while.

2. nordini
    OP

Newcomer nordini Member

United States
    That's what im thinking, its my first experience with microsd readers so i wouldnt really know. ive had a good quality multi-sd reader for a while but it reads every type except micro [​IMG]

i'll just go to wal-mart and buy a new reader, assuming they sell them. thanks.

3. vash1223

Newcomer vash1223 Member

United States
    Just out of curiosity, do you happen to have a MicoSDHC? If so then Windows XP has trouble reading them without a patch.

4. nordini
    OP

Newcomer nordini Member

United States
    bought the targus universal sd reader (reads 32 types of cards so i figured it had to work) for $10 and it works now. thanks.

And yes it is a 4GB SDHC PNY microsd but it was the sd reader that was at fault.

5. vash1223

Newcomer vash1223 Member

United States
    Ah okay, glad it worked, I was just wondering because i had the same problem but it was XP that needed a patch to fix it. [​IMG]