Hacking Micro SD not working in computer

tguellich

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an A-Data Micro SDHC 4G in an M3DS Real. It has worked for about a month and all the sudden last night my computer cannot find it. I tried using the USB reader and the SD card converter, neither one worked. So, I cannot get to the contents of my card to alter it. The weird thing is...the card works fine in the DS. No problems at all in the M3DS Real, save games, etc. So what could the problem be and how can I fix it?

soybean84

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try restarting your computer. Sometimes there are driver issues or problems connected with continually adding and removing memory card. Just try restarting and replugging after restart. Hope that works.

ray00110

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm. I had a problem like this a few months ago when my computer couldn't read my MicroSD card. Windows said something about the USB port or something corrupt. I can't remember

Anyway, I bought a new card reader for 20 bucks and my MicroSD could be read again. Pity I bought another MicroSD before I got the card reader.

But before you buy a new card reader, try using a different card reader other than the USB reader from M3. Then try read your MicroSD on other computers. If it still can't be read then buy a new card reader.

Btw. This was on my R4 with a 2GB Sandisk MicroSD, so yeah.

BinarySoup

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i'm having similar problems with a kingston 2gb (japan). it works on the m3dsreal (there are a few problems there though). but it will not mount on my mac at all.

is the m3dsreal corrupting microsd cards?

thinking of getting the supercard ds one i always wanted (now dealextreme has v3!).

tguellich

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured it out!
grog.gif

I tried it in a different computer and it still didn't work in the USB MicroSD adapter or in the SD card adapter. So now it doesn't work in 2 different computers. Hmm? So I went to Best Buy and bought the Dynex internal all in one card reader they have for about $15 that is capable of reading any card, even the MicroSD by itself (still labeled Transflash on the reader). I installed it in my computer and it reads and writes the card with no problem. So thanks for suggesting a new card reader, it eventually worked.

dwindelicous

Trophies
XP
Country
tguellich said:
I have an A-Data Micro SDHC 4G in an M3DS Real. It has worked for about a month and all the sudden last night my computer cannot find it. I tried using the USB reader and the SD card converter, neither one worked. So, I cannot get to the contents of my card to alter it. The weird thing is...the card works fine in the DS. No problems at all in the M3DS Real, save games, etc. So what could the problem be and how can I fix it?

I have a similar problem with tguellich. I had my mr ds real for aaround 2 months it had worked perfectly until recently. It still works fine with my NDS but not with my computer so I think the problem is my card reader. I tried using another computer but it didn't work. When I plug my m3 ds real usb nothing comes out but my computer does say something like this corrupt file...reformat needed...so i did click yes...it didn't work...Oh I also tried to restart my computer..
Is there a solution other than buying a new one...or is it the only way?
Help please!

dwindelicous

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a similar problem with tguellich. I had my mr ds real for aaround 2 months it had worked perfectly until recently. It still works fine with my NDS but not with my computer so I think the problem is my card reader. I tried using another computer but it didn't work. When I plug my m3 ds real usb nothing comes out but my computer does say something like this corrupt file...reformat needed...so i did click yes...it didn't work...Oh I also tried to restart my computer..
Is there a solution other than buying a new one...or is it the only way?
Help please!

ZyberMaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yep the card reader that comes with most flash card are crap you never no when it will corrupt your sd card and make it unreadable. And just because it still works in the ds just mean that the system folder wasn't corrupted.

@tguellich you should format your card if you havent. even if everything seem to be working with the new card reader more then likely there are corrupted sector and/or files.

@dwindelicous what joe88 said get a decent card reader... but it possible your card is beyond repair if it started reformatting and stop

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @CameronCataclysm...