Micro SD card is not functioning?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BlackWizzard17, Feb 21, 2015.

1. BlackWizzard17
    OP

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Apparently my 8gb Samsung micro SD is jacked up.
    Cause: I was transferring one of my Gamecube games onto this Micro SD (through an Adapter) and i noticed the transfer speeds got lower and lower until It stopped transferring the data all together :wtf:
    Issue: My micro SD wont show up on a computer nor will it show up in my phone and it just freezes my 3DS whenever it is inserted.

I was thinking the transferred data that wasn't fully transferred corrupted my Micro SD.
    I just want to know your thought as to what happened.

2. BlackWizzard17
    OP

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    -Bump-

3. xy1154

xy1154 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Switzerland
    Somewhere
    One of my MemorySticks behaved the same. It all began when I was playing games on my PSP and suddenly the console stopped loading any data from the stick:blink:...

4. migles

migles GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    China
    Earth-chan
    if you can't format it, even with diferent adapters\readers, the only thing you can do is get a new one..

some sd card manufacters offers a lifetime warranty or some years (in europe all electronics have 2 year warranty minimum...

you can ask the manufacter\ or the place you bought it, if it has warranty (if you bought recently)

i had a kingston micro sd card, that failed after some time.. now it is not even detected.. maybe it was counterfeit, i am not sure..

5. xy1154

xy1154 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Switzerland
    Somewhere
    I used to own a Kingston MicroSD with 8GB of capacity...One day it failed and all of my photos inside were gone. It couldn't be a fake one, as I purchased it from a legal store. Maybe Kingston is not so reliable.