Micro SD card is not functioning?

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by BlackWizzard17, Feb 21, 2015.

1. BlackWizzard17
    OP

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    Apparently my 8gb Samsung micro SD is jacked up.
    Cause: I was transferring one of my Gamecube games onto this Micro SD (through an Adapter) and i noticed the transfer speeds got lower and lower until It stopped transferring the data all together :wtf:
    Issue: My micro SD wont show up on a computer nor will it show up in my phone and it just freezes my 3DS whenever it is inserted.

I was thinking the transferred data that wasn't fully transferred corrupted my Micro SD.
    I just want to know your thought as to what happened.

2. BlackWizzard17
    OP

BlackWizzard17 Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.

Dec 1, 2012
    United States
    E-Arth
    -Bump-

3. xy1154

xy1154 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Switzerland
    Somewhere
    One of my MemorySticks behaved the same. It all began when I was playing games on my PSP and suddenly the console stopped loading any data from the stick:blink:...

4. migles

migles Mei the sexiest bae

GBAtemp Patron
    migles is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    if you can't format it, even with diferent adapters\readers, the only thing you can do is get a new one..

some sd card manufacters offers a lifetime warranty or some years (in europe all electronics have 2 year warranty minimum...

you can ask the manufacter\ or the place you bought it, if it has warranty (if you bought recently)

i had a kingston micro sd card, that failed after some time.. now it is not even detected.. maybe it was counterfeit, i am not sure..

5. xy1154

xy1154 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2015
    Switzerland
    Somewhere
    I used to own a Kingston MicroSD with 8GB of capacity...One day it failed and all of my photos inside were gone. It couldn't be a fake one, as I purchased it from a legal store. Maybe Kingston is not so reliable.